DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am so excited words cannot describe! First off I did not sell my Trep. That old girl is like a part of me and I'll drive her into the ground before I sell her off.

However she has her limitations and I know this. Yesterday I strole into a local chevy dealer wanting to look at a 98 Camaro Z28 I saw on the internet. Well I get there and unfortunately the Z was an auto and I didn't want that. Well what do you all think I saw sitting two cars down from that Z??? The prettiest freakin Firehawk I have ever laid my eyes on. I go in to talk to a salesman but they are in the process of closing for the day. So I get in my car to leave and as I'm pulling out a saleman comes up to me and is like I got the keys here if you wanna take a look at it. I'm like Hell yeah I wanna look at it!

We take it out to stretch her leggs. That ***** took me for a ride I will never forget. I absolutely fell in love with the car. But I wasn't seriously expecting to buy it. Well we worked the numbers and they came out to my liking, so when it was all said and done I rolled out of there with a Midnight Blue 2000 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk.

But I still love my Trep and will always take care of her. But I am so psyched to have the hawk!

Buschman

p.s. Outside the club last night pussy was all over this freakin car! It's like a goddamn magnet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'm very dissapointed :mad: . You have turned on the family.... Just kidden, I have been looking at those cars and they look sweet... well atlese you still have the intrepid I'm not mad at ya :D Oh if you can't handle all of that pu??y, swing by South Carolina and pick me up.....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really surprised you guys have said nothing about my new purchase. I expected either hey nice car Buschman, or the obvious calls of being a sell out. I mean I still love my Trep but the Hawk is such a cool car. You guys are taking the wind from my sails :p

Buschman

·
Registered
502 Posts
'Good purchase, Buschman.' :)

My dad is hardcore mopar and he bought a '94 Z28 Camaro with one of those LT1's in it. Fast as hell but no where near as fast as our '70 Cuda 340 was. But still quick.

I'd personally rather have the Firebird. I think they're much more beautiful cars than the Camaros. Good catch, even if it was a firechicken :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Mopar has partnership with Chevy now? :) Just kiddin man, you get what you need to get cos its your money! :)

Your new addition sounds cool, got any pics? Any plans to mod it like your Trep? I am jealous! :) I want my summer car now!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Si:
Your new addition sounds cool, got any pics? Any plans to mod it like your Trep? I am jealous! :) I want my summer car now!!!!!!! :)

Yeah check my link out. As far as modding it. You daaaaamn right I will! This car was made to be modded. The first and foremost is the exhaust! That V8 sounds so freakin incredible! I can't wait to open up the pipes and let her sing...

Buschman

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Dude thats one cool ass ride, and with that V8.... Push the 400hp mark!!!!

You go girl! :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Originally posted by Buschman:

p.s. Outside the club last night pussy was all over this freakin car! It's like a goddamn magnet!!!!!!!!
Someone wont be need to go to aerobic class now.. :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Nice ride....Those cars are beasts!!!

Good Luck and let us know when you trade it in on a new Charger in a couple years.. ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Intrepidatious:
Nice ride....Those cars are beasts!!!

Good Luck and let us know when you trade it in on a new Charger in a couple years.. ;)

haha yeah I wanted to wait, but alas I couldn't rest my hopes on Dodge changing it's ways and building there car they always should have. But when it comes out I'll be first in line to evalutate it :)

Buschman

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Just checked out the pics of your Hawk...very Nice! Your'e going to do some quarter mile runs and let us know how you do I hope?? One day, that car may be worth something (being the limited edition Firehawk model) You going to keep the mileage low? Or are you going to ride balls out? ;)

Now just because you have the new ride, don't let the 'Trep collect dust!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by n_koutelas:
Sweet ride!!! One question... How is the "Firehawk" different from other Firebirds/Trans Ams...?
The Firehawk is a heavily modified Firebird. I believe it's done by a company called SPE. They also do a modified Grand Prix GTP called the GTX. They do a couple of more things but I forget what they are called. They work closely with GM.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I believe it's SLP Engineering. They did the Ram-Air Firebirds with the WS6 package before it was brought in house by GM.

I didn't even know they still made the Firehawks brand new...pretty cool.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by n_koutelas:
Sweet ride!!! One question... How is the "Firehawk" different from other Firebirds/Trans Ams...?

Well these guys are right on track as usual. GM makes the Camaro Z-28, Pontiac Formula Firebird, and the Pontiac Trans AM. The SS, WS6, and Firehawk packages are added on by SLP Engineering. So Chevy and Pontiac will send them a regular Z, bird or T/A and SLP converts them into SS', WS6s, and Firehawks. SS' and WS6's are the Chevy/Pontiac equivalent of each other. Both ram air both have a lot of aftermarket option equipment. Both kick out 325hp(335 if you get the upgraded exhaust). The Firehawk is even more rare(and obviously more expensive) than the WS6 and comes stock with 335hp(345 for the 02's induction system). there is no Chevy equivalent to the Hawk(cept maybe the Vette :D )

Here is the Standard equipment for the Hawk:

Interim 2002 Introduction: SLP's High Flow Induction System adds 10 horsepower for 345 total hp and 350 ft./lbs. of torque*

335 horsepower, 5.7L, LS1 V8 engine with 350 ft./lbs. of torque*

Firehawk exclusive, composite hood with functional air scoops

Firehawk exclusive, hood-mounted heat extractors

Firehawk exclusive, underhood forced-air induction system

Firehawk front fascia badge

Cat-Back, stainless steel, performance exhaust system with twin dual tips

Upgraded suspension components

17"x9" lightweight aluminum painted wheels

Firestone Firehawk 275/40ZR17 SZ50EP 17" tires

Firehawk exterior graphics on doors and rear fascia

Dash plaque and two Firehawk key fobs

Available on all Trans Am and Formula models

Now there is optional equipment available. You can upgrade suspension packages(which mine has, The Bilstein ultra performance road racing suspension) and you can upgrade the rear end and some other stuff.

Check out:
http://www.slpeng.com/2002firehawk/index.html

If you want more details.

Glad you guys like the car. I absolutely love it! it has balls golour!

Buschman

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Buschman:
The SS, WS6, and Firehawk packages are added on by SLP Engineering.

Buschman

I just wanted to correct myself here. SLP makes the Camaro SS and the Pontiac Firehawk(along with others like the GTX). However a company named ASC makes the WS6 Firebird and only this car. They do the same sort of thing as SLP only they do it with the WS6.

Buschman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts