DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another gen I this morning. It's a 95 with a 3.3 and nearly no options, 98k. Car came from Kansas and has not a spec of rust, even the bottoms of the doors are good.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has power windows, locks, mirrors and a/c. That's it. I just got done cleaning the engine compartment and after I'm done eating I'm going out and washing it. I'll post pictures when I'm done. It's 60 in Chicagoland right now and I need to take advantage.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres some pictures after the cleaning

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like a good solid clean car. Congrats.
Thanks, its a really nice car. This one is going to my daughter, I'm hoping she will have it for a good long time.

I have a short list of things I want to do before she drives it...

Washer pump
PVC hose
Thermostat
Passenger side headlight lens
Oil change
Swap the wheels and tires from her Concorde
Swap radio from her Concorde

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man you have a nose for them LOL!!
I check craigs list daily and probably average looking at a car every couple weeks. I see a lot of junk and overpriced stuff before I find a good car at a good fair price

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Way to go!

So, manual locks and windows?
Not quite that low optioned...lol...I don't think I've ever seen one without PW and PL!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Mopar (+ a Ford) family
2010 F150 FX4 24K
2005 Stratus 2.7L 161k
1997 Intrepid Silver 3.3 166k
1997 Intrepid Sport 3.5 FranknTrep 186K/132K Engine
1995 Concorde Silver 3.5L115K
1996 Intrepid Teal ES 3.5 185K
1995 Vision TSi 57K
1970 GTX 512CI
:bump: your sig!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have both of my daughters in Intrepids as well. Eldest is driving a 97 3.3L w/115K, youngest is driving a 97 Sport 3.5L autostick, just rolled 100K. Going to do a WP/TB swap on it in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation. My eldest daughters boyfriend drives a 97 3.3L Intrepid w/229K, rusty, but trusty. I drive a 94 LHS 3.5L w/75K. A guy at my workplace has a 97 3.3L Intrepid w/41K for sale asking $4K for it. Still smells like new. I'd like to have it, but he's about $800 higher than book and won't budge.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have both of my daughters in Intrepids as well. Eldest is driving a 97 3.3L w/115K, youngest is driving a 97 Sport 3.5L autostick, just rolled 100K. Going to do a WP/TB swap on it in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation. My eldest daughters boyfriend drives a 97 3.3L Intrepid w/229K, rusty, but trusty. I drive a 94 LHS 3.5L w/75K. A guy at my workplace has a 97 3.3L Intrepid w/41K for sale asking $4K for it. Still smells like new. I'd like to have it, but he's about $800 higher than book and won't budge.
Offer him something inexchange as well as money. People like electronics etc.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Have been trying to sell the LH car idea to the daughter. She's 16 and needing a car to learn on but, she has adopted the wife's attitude toward this body style. So, I am at the crossroads of wanting to help. I am about ready to just say "If you want a car then just have your mother buy you one".

Wife always tells me she doesn't like the LH body because the cars sit too low. This comes from a woman who drives a JS Avenger. Sometimes I just have to sit back and pause.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have been trying to sell the LH car idea to the daughter. She's 16 and needing a car to learn on but, she has adopted the wife's attitude toward this body style. So, I am at the crossroads of wanting to help. I am about ready to just say "If you want a car then just have your mother buy you one".

Wife always tells me she doesn't like the LH body because the cars sit too low. This comes from a woman who drives a JS Avenger. Sometimes I just have to sit back and pause.
When it came time for my kids to drive I told them they would drive what I bought as long as I picked up the tab or did the service. They knew their mom (my ex) wouldn't get them a car. I agree the LH rides low, I don't mind but I know my wife would prefer something that sits higher.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts