DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found an opportunity I could not pass up. I bought a 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlas Supreme Convertible. Ive always noticed these cars and also noticed how much they sell for. Finally I found one, locally for that matter! What a deal. I bought the car for 2900.00 bux. After the safety it was more like 3900.00. Needed a new CAT, new ball joint, horn, signal switch .... that was the big money in the switch. I will be painting the car in the spring, ill be getting new weatherstrip and rims this winter. Should be a pimpin ride when im done. Here are the pics.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
www.modernolds.net

is a site to visit, formed by jhrody from here. Car looks pretty good!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Nice car man!! My friend used to have one (his parents) It was a 1994 4 doors though (fully equipped) but it was alot and alot of fun. :vroam: :driving:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
crystal my drinking friend :) had one it was black leather. it drove so sweet. faster then the trep. not sure about 3.5 but im sure if not im doing a 3.5 swap tomarrow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's a GM !!!! Oldsmobile no less. Nice , but still it's a GM!?! Kiss your Cash goodbye on maintenance.

·
Registered
372 Posts
unseen... I disagree. I had an 89 Camaro w/ 165K still going strong, I did have to replace the alternator though.... I sold it because it's not practical enough up here, and I needed the money...

·
Registered
865 Posts
LoL nice I thought you literally just got some new wheels (just the wheels).

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nice! What engine? Is it the 3.4 or the 3.1? Kms? And, I gotta say, that seems like a pretty good deal. Back home, at a used car dealer, there's a '94 convertible (140K, I think), it's been sitting on the lot, hmm, for several years, at least, it's still (the last time I checked), just under 8 grand.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
unseenspirit2000 said:
It's a GM !!!! Oldsmobile no less. Nice , but still it's a GM!?! Kiss your Cash goodbye on maintenance.

It's better than a Chrysler. He might have to do an alternator or power steering pump. Thats a lot better than an engine or tranny(plus the other parts) on a Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Very nice.

L67 swap? ;)

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I loved those when they first came out! My brothers both bought one and my neighbor has one...I still don't :( Of course, I don't have to listen to my car rattle apart either... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ravin said:
looking good J...so what are your plans for it...if any?
Well now that you ask. Im planning on a new BORLA stainless exhaust and some similar tips. Gonna repaint the beast. Same color. I bought some new rims as well. Here they are

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I drove the ***** tonight with the top down ... It was JANUARY mother ****er .... I drove the ***** with the top down in January!!!!!!!!!!!! There has to be something said about global warming or something ........ top down in Jan ..... "give me a break!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts