DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
WOW!!!, are you serious???, That man was one of the great greats of car Customizing in this world!!!, :(

God Blessings to him, his Family, and friends!!!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
What a shame. I didn't watch the show but I saw that Mother's commercial.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
This cat was great!! I'm sad to read of his death.
Funny thing is I can't seem to find any other stories of he death out there. You'd think that there'd be something in streetrodder or some other hot rod type page.
If he's no longer with us, I'm really sorry to read that. American Hot Rod was a really good show.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
/me dances with joy

ding dong the d*ck is dead. whoooo... the world hasn't lost an innovator, the world has lost a cheat and a theif..

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
What he said ^

I never heard of him until the show American Hot Rod then a few months back I saw on TV a list of his favorite rods. Ugly as sin and was a complete a-hole and very smug about it.
Yeah, the show did nothing for showing off his glowing personality. And he did get busted in 2005 for fraud (of some variety) But you got to give the man his due...Cadzilla and all the other cars he built were works of art.

If it weren't for Coddington, Foose, and Jesse James would be nobodys.

Not a fan of the guy as a human being, but he did have vision!!
And Jo was kinda hot for a 50 y/o woman!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah he was a dick! I couldn't stand to see the way he treated his employee's. One thing I hate hearing is how he "built" such great looking cars. He didn't build anything; he may have designed them, but he didn't touch one of those cars. It was all the over-time, blood, sweat, and tears of his Employee's that built those cars. I was never fond of his designs anyway. Foose has way better designs than Coddington ever did!

·
Registered
192 Posts
One of the members of the other forum i belong to is an employee of Boyd's. I will paraphrase what he said about Boyd being a Jerk it takes them the entire deadline to come up with 1 or maybe 2 hours for the show. There is hardly any yelling like shown in the show but the cameras catch it all and edit it down because it makes for good tv. Boyd also bent over backwards for his employees always giving them the benefit of the doubt before terminating anyone. He also has taken several of his own employees and either customized their cars to what they wanted or even bought them cars. Boy this doesn't sound like a guy thats an azz to me. The deadlines aren't real either like on tv yeah he said they do have some insane ones but what they really show you is normal for this type of job

·
Registered
124 Posts
True that! big cake I can see flea-bay filled up now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
/me dances with joy

ding dong the d*ck is dead. whoooo... the world hasn't lost an innovator, the world has lost a cheat and a theif..
I think to say that is extremely disrespectful. what the hell has he done to you to say such things about him? just cause you may have a view of some of the things he has or hasn't done. to say that you are dancing with joy that he DIED is extremely disrespectful to him and his family. I can understand that point of view if he was a murder or did such tragedies to humanity. I do not wish or dance at anyone early death. unless like I said he was such a rotten trash and a worthless human. :9lame: anyway to each his own I guess... to me this is sad for him to die, esp. at such a young age. I never took him to be a dick when I saw that tv show. cause I knew most of it was tv hype anyway.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
I've had the pleasure of meeting him several times. He is a dick, my buddy works at a hot rod shop and they go to shows and such. On several occasions I've seen boyd walk around and nit pick at the rides that others *my buddys shop included* have done. Best part is if you correct him on anything, he'd berate you right there claiming "I've been in this business longer then you, I KNOW what I'm talking about" or something to the like.

The kicker is, a few months later boyd is running around in a car that looks exactly like the one you built and he talked down to you about. I'm not the only one with experiences like these. Many MANY small local shops that have crossed paths with him have similar experiences. So yeah.. I'm a bit jaded.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts