DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

BRAKE CLICKING

852 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  blkbute 
#1 ·
HEY I AM HEARING A "CLICKING" NOISE WHENEVER I APPLY THE BRAKES AT AROUND 2O mph OR HIGHER, HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN ON THEIR CAR, MINE IS A 1993 3.5 ES AND I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS NOTHING OR A NEEDED REPAIR

#2 ·
is it just when the brakes are applied. listen close when you take off slowly once. If it clicks then, it maybe a CV shaft.

#4 ·
yeah its like that with alot of DC vehicles, Ive always wondered why it does that.

#6 ·
never experienced that in any of 7 DC vehicles that i've had the opportunity to drive on more than one occasion (5 of them are company cars). 3 of them had/have antilock brakes. i would have this inspected sooner rather than later. also, since it's free and easy, i'd take a look at the level of brake fluid, maybe it's a little low. it could also be time to bleed the brake system and fill it all back up again. but still, i'd do it soon.

#7 ·
Do you have the rear disc or drum? If it is the drum it could be a spring that popped. If it is disc. I would have some one take a look at them.

#8 ·
the noise comes from the front part of the car. it does not always make the noise but only when you make a slow and long stop.

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: blkbute ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.