DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry:
I have a 1995 Dodge Intrepid ES and I cannot get the front rims clean. They are the oem aluminum rims. I dont have a problem with the back ones just the front ones. I have tried all kinds of aluminum cleaners and metal cleaners. If anyone has any ideas or sugestions I would appreciate it.:angry:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
It sounds like you have tried heavier duty stuff than this, but I usually just use Simple Green. Make sure the wheels are cool, spray it on, let it sit then hose it off. Sometimes I have to use a toothbrush to scrub them, but I don't have any problems getting the brake dust off...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
sounds like whoever had the car previous let the brakes get so bad that the rotor metal dust stained the wheel..
one of my friends did that to her 99 malibu and her rims were covered in rust colored stuff that wouldn't come off..

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Ntrepid95 said:
sounds like whoever had the car previous let the brakes get so bad that the rotor metal dust stained the wheel..
That rust colored crap always makes it's way on my front tires. Is that what it is brake dust?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Brake dust is very corrosive! If someone let it get into the alloy of your wheels, you will need some kinda super cleaning. Lots of elbow grease and then wax them and NEVER allow that dust to build up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i get that stuff on my cars wheels every weekli just wash it off every time i wash the car.... just put some force in your scrubbing takes about 30 min to get em truly clean if u scrub em right but it looks good in the end

1 - 8 of 8 Posts