DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the front pads and rotors on my 99 2.7 with 106k miles (and doing nicely on the original engine thank you very much).

The original rotors had never been touched and were showing signs of being warped and were pitted so based on other links on this site I got the Bendix rotors and titanium metalic pads. A little more money but worth it.

Drivers side went nicely (only took about 45 minutes). Passenger side - the rotor had fused to the hub so after about 30 minutes of beating on it with progressively larger hammers and then taking a torch to the rotor it came off (luckily no damage to the front end from beating on it). I put a thin film of grease on the hub/rotor mating surface so we don't have to go through that again.

After all of that its back together and stops a lot better than it did with the Wagner thermoquiets that were on there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
jgams said:
... so based on other links on this site I got the Bendix rotors and titanium metalic pads.
did you mean my post by any chance ? :bgtup: :elefant: :bgtup:

Ive been driving on new bendix rotors and them titanium 2 semi-met pads for a few days now and its great stoppage.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey BLASK02

Yes - it was based on your post and Warlord - thanks for the good info. I've done plenty of brake jobs before (because I don't trust anyone else to do them right the first time). You did a nice job with the pictures on your post. The noise you said you were hearing may be the "cleaning plate" (don't know the exact name for it - on the bottom back side of the spindle assembly - its a small flat plate that rides a few thousands of an inch off the rotor to keep dirt and small stones out of the pads and calipers. You can bend it back by hand but make sure it rides a few thousanths off the rotor otherwise it won't do its job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.