DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some minor problems with my brake lights.

First, the red covering on the center mounted brake light in the rear windshield has fallen off, exposing the two white bulbs. I'm not sure how exactly to get to this in order to fix it. If you remove the bulbs, you can just barely squeeze your finger into the holes, but I'm not sure if this will help at all.

My second problem is that occasionally, after I shut the car off and get out, I will notice that my brake lights are still on. If I tap the brake pedal a few times they usually go off. I imagine this is a problem with the brake light switch getting stuck or something, but I'm not sure what this switch looks like (I think it is supposed to be above the brake somewhere.)

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey there!

Chances are if you are unsuccessful in gettin to that red lense in the brake light, you may need to remove that rear deck piece. That's done by removing the back seat and then you can pop off the rear deck.

Also, the switch for the brake should be on under you dash on the pedal spar (metal piece). Take a look, you should be able to see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts