DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if anyone knows how to toggle the brake lights on and off, it could be very helpful when being chased by police and other people at night. For those of you who arent familiar- if you cut the cable that causes the brake lights turn on and place a switch there then you can toggle them on/off whenever you need them (or dont)
The only problem is i dont know where to place the switch ex. what wire? where at? THANKS :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i take it you have gotten one too many tickets and you are tired of it? :D :p

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you wanna know how to get a switch on the brake lights, thats easy.
If you wanna know how to put a toggle switch on the rear lights, thats a little harder.

For the brake lights: look under your dash where the gas and brake pedals are. Above the brake pedal, there will be a white cube-like thing. Thats the brake light switch that turns the brake lights on when you hit the brakes. All you have to do is to run some wires to where you want the toggle switch, and then run em down to that white switch and connect them up....pretty easy.

Now, the rear lights are harder to do, but if you wanna get away from cops at night I suggest you leave your lights on so you dont run into a tree, and have a toggle switch to turn the rear lights off.

Let me know if you need to know how to do that...

·
Registered
711 Posts
LMAO I wanted to do this too... and for the same reason - ..cops..
my example was that say you see a cop in your rear view mirror, and your speeding.. Toggle the switch off and gently press the brakes, to slow down.. flip them back when your done.. I don't know really why this would come in handy, but it would be cool... + if you ever need to sneak back into the house, you don't wake up the wife with the lights..
;-)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
-I was wondering why I didn't recognize the names of those people! You're weird HatTrick. Bored much?

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
475 Posts
i don't think you need to use the switch just to slow down when being chased by the cops, then turn them back on.

i think you should use it if you're speeding and you see a cop turn around, or when he's sitting on the side of the road and you see him pull out. Turn the lights off, make a few turns and pull into someone's drive way or something. It's probably highly illegal to turn off your lights while driving, so i wouldn't do it unless you plan on running from the cops

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.