DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change the brake light bulbs on a 2nd gen? Do you have to get behind the liner in the trunk, or is it kinda like the headlights where you have to pull the whole assembly off? I just checked the other day and the inside bulb on the passenger side was burnt out, and its gonna bother me until i get it fixed.

~JGarrett98

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't have my owner's manual with me, but I remember reading something about removing clips to get at the back lights, so it sounds like the assembly comes out. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you're talking about the center brake light, you will have to remove the liner. Be careful as the clips break easily. What you need is a flat head screw driver with a "V" notch. Or any tool that will compress the sides of the clip before pulling them out.

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Rob98ES ]

·
Registered
349 Posts
If it's the main brake lights on either side of the car, you take the whole assembly off... it's really easy. Inside the trunk next to each tail-light there are three butterfly plastic nuts that you unscrew. Careful you don't drop them down the side of the trunk where the metal panel has an opening though. you'll never get it out (i'm missing one :) ) Anyways, after that just replace the bulb

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Now i just need to remember to go and buy a new bulb :)

~JGarrett98

1 - 5 of 5 Posts