DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a busted brake line that goes from the Master Cylinder to the distribution part. My question is how do I get the brake line out of the plastic parts that holds all the brake lines together??? without breaking it?? They are all in an awkward spots and hard to get to. Thank you

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a busted brake line that goes from the Master Cylinder to the distribution part. My question is how do I get the brake line out of the plastic parts that holds all the brake lines together??? without breaking it?? They are all in an awkward spots and hard to get to. Thank you
If you're talking about the plastic "quick releases", there are two types. One has a single plastic ring that you compress inwards and there are others that have two separate pieces on each side of the line and you pinch them together against the line itself when separating. They're rarely easy to get off so you will likely need some force when pulling out the line while they're compressed/pinched. If not, I do not know what you are refering to. Got pics?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Take a relatively wide screwdriver and insert it into the clip. Turn it sideways to separate the plastic hold down tabs, and pull the brake line out at the same time, it should pop right out.

I just paid $50 from mopar for the line set from the master cylinder (2 lines) pre-bent with all the plastic clips. You may look into that option if you dont want to make your own lines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone
Now how do i make a bubble flare, because I had to replace the rear lines also. I have a flare tool but It only makes a double flare not a bubble flare. The front lines I got from the dealer, prebent with fittings but the rear ones I am going to splice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts