DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
I don’t know about the scan tool, but another thing that will cause the brake pedal to go down too far is some one putting too many anti rattle clips on the brake pads & seizing the brakes up which overheats the fluid , then you go from having fair brakes to almost no brakes!

I didn’t do this someone I asked to do my brakes because I really didn’t feel like doing it really helped me “ out” so that’s why I do my own work!!
Could you elaborate on your first paragraph? I’m not saying you’re wrong at all - just not quite following your explanation. Start out by defining what you mean by “anti-rattle clips”. Different people use that to mean different things, and I want to understand what you mean by having “too many” of them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don’t know if I’m using the correct nomenclature but what I’m talking about is the little metal “clips “ that come in boxes of brake pads!
The family member that I asked to do my brakes has to do everything fast & didn’t really want to help us, I mentioned that the information with the pads said to use the “clips” so he put the “clips “ on the pads & instead of making sure that the fitment wasn’t too tight just forced the calipers on & threw the tire on “ done “ !
After almost getting in a couple accidents from needing to do an emergency stop & brake pedal going almost to the floor, I took the wheels off & had to literally hammer the calipers off !

21 - 22 of 22 Posts