DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. having another problem with my brakes again :rolleyes: .. Since Dec. I've had the new brakes.. now for the past week & 1/2 or 2.. they have been squeaking & actually grinding (for example when I stop slow @ a stop light)... also, they squeal/chirp.. like chirp chirp chirp. when I am going under 15mph. without me even touching the brake pedal! :eek: so yesterday I took the wheel off.. & it seemed to me like the pad was not releasing all the way & was rubbing the rotor.. so I took it into shop today to get it fixed.. verdict was he said "only thing we found was sticking slider" so he lubed all four.. & took it for a test drive & could not get it to squeak or grind.. so picked car up.. was driving home.. stopped @ a few lights, went to bank, & then as I was pulling in driveway without touching brake car started squealing/grinding slightly again! :angry: so what in God's name could it be? Any help is greatly appreciated guys.. thanks!:crazy:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I did the brakes on mine. had one rotor turned, the other was replaced. (it was warped). The side I got turned squeaks like a madman... but.. it stops me. there is PLENTY of brake material left.. the car does not pull to a side when stoppin.... I think I will let it go. :p

·
Registered
462 Posts
RE: brakes

Paul, I did my own brake job and on my 97 sport. i could look at your trep if you want. You can give me a call if you want 977-9645.:)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hey. thanks.. I'd appreciate that.. just let me know when u'd have some free time.. :biggrin: p.s. the rotors are brand new.. i would hope they wouldn't be bad already!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: Brakes

Tommorrow would be ok before I have to start the damn business week! just call 977-9645 ask for scott!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yo Paul!!!

I had identical problems on my 97....rotors, pads replaced everything....nothing worked until I replaced the CALIPERS!!!

They were sticking constantly....once I replaced the calipers...30k miles of squeek free driving!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea.. but these are supposedly brand new calipers too! I have no clue what could be going on here! :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts