DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up im a newbe here but i had a question..

I was thinking about adding aftermarket brakes and rotors to my 98 Trep ES any suggestions???? It would help a lot..

Also my stering wheel shakes a lot when i'm braking from about 70mph or higher. I just had my front rotors replaced like 3 months ago... Whats up

·
Registered
59 Posts
if your steering wheel shakes at higher speeds, you just need to have your tires aligned. same thing just happen to my wife's car, got the tires aligned and it stopped shaking.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
for the rotors..check the sticky in the buy/sell/trade section of the site

for the shaking..it could be alignment, wheels need to be blanced, or your tie rods could have gone to hell

·
Registered
462 Posts
If the steering wheel is shaking when braking, check the tierods. If you also feel it in the pedal, your wheels may have been improperly torqued, warping the rotors and causing this concern. Or the rotors could just be warped.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!!! I'm not very car savy but i guess i'll get there with this site!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
wrench said:
If the steering wheel is shaking when braking, check the tierods. If you also feel it in the pedal, your wheels may have been improperly torqued, warping the rotors and causing this concern. Or the rotors could just be warped.

yup thats y i always tell people to torch their wheels. also where did you buy the rotors? i remember in my old car i bought brakes and rotors from autozone and the rotors came warped. i found that out $400 later at nissan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts