DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to add some controversy into the group, i did a bit of investigating at work. those of us with ES' in the 98-01 range, will be glad to know that we SHOULD be able to use the braking systems from a 00-01 R/T or 300M for that matter. calipers, pads and yes even the rotors will in fact fit from an R/T to our ES'. actually ... the calipers and pads are identical, least thats what all my books have been telling me. only the rotors have a small design change. all dimensions being the same tho. im assuming its for cooling.
as for those of you thinking about upgrading your braking systems with a minor touch ... check here to get ya started ...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
First, your link doesn't seem to work. :)

As for what you said, the pads are indeed identical. There is a difference in the rotors although I'm not sure what exactly they are. As for the calipers, I'm not sure. But since what you said before was true, I will take your word that the calipers are the same. :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first things, i need to learn how to spell i see. notice my topic, wrong spelling at the end there ... breaks ? :p
as for links, they never seem to work for me. and for whatever reason going to that site using exploder locks me up ... works just fine in netscrap tho ... go figure. dunno if cut n paste will make things any better. the links below in any case. but to give away the secret, that link leads to a place that sells cross drilled rotors for 98-99's ... doesnt say if for 15" or 16" wheels tho, which WILL make a difference. as opposed to the 16" and 17" on R/T's which are the same. as for the design change on them. all dimensions being the same (height, diameter, width) the only difference my eyes saw (yes i physically had both rotors on my bench) was that the R/T rotors were "cutout" around the hub part approximately 1/2", not fully cast to the hub like the ES'.
im assuming to let more air flow in for better cooling ?
that is the ONLY difference i saw in the two.
everything else between the 2 cars (ES & R/T)is shared from what my catalogs are telling me.
http://www.contemporarymotorsport.com/realdisplay.asp?PID=12149

1 - 3 of 3 Posts