DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove our 95 trep for the first time in a few months and the second i was on the brakes i felt something wrong. Grinding. I could feel it, i could hear it.

Doesnt look too bad does it?

Well this is why you inspect the front and backside of the rotor/pad.

The calipers *could* have been lubricated a little better when who ever did the brakes last time, but you won't get perfect wear with a single piston caliper.

This is the source of the grinding, metal on metal. This is also why you don't buy cheap crappy brake pads. Got less than 15,000 km's out of these pads.

Just how deep the scoring was on the rotors.

For christs sake people, pay friggen attention to your cars, turn the sterio down once and a while and drive around to make sure the car isnt making any funny sounds.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
FunkRider said:
For christs sake people, pay friggen attention to your cars, turn the sterio down once and a while and drive around to make sure the car isnt making any funny sounds.
Amen brotha!

Now are you going to resurface the rotors or just get nice new ones? I went with nice new ones on the Caprice and the look alone of brand new shiny silver rotors is worth the $50 or whatever they cost.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I agree with Warlord, I opted for shitty rotors thinking it will "get me by" never again, I bought OEM ones and I am happy to say I havent had any warped rotors for 2 years.. go figure:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts