DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am faced with a challenge - my 98 Intrepid developed a strange noise. There is a loud whisle at the front when I brake. went to the dealer and asked to be investigated. They have replaced the pads front and rear and told me the problem has been fixed. Two days later the whisle came back - HELP !!!
Is there anybody familiar with this whisle ? What is it and how did it get fixed ?
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brake whistle

it is a whistle, quite long, similar to when tires are loosing air fast. And it feels like the pedal goes to the floor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brake Hiss or Wistle

As of saturday I am experencing the same problem, I have the hiss sound with no breaks. I just called Meineke, I told them problem, they said it could be a vaccum. I'm going to take it their shortly. I will let you know what they find.

Dporter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98 Intrepid Brake Whistle

The brakes are working well, no brake liquid spilage.
I noticed that the sound is louder when the car sits outside in very cold temperature for a longer time. The brake system is ABS so is all hydraulic I don't understand the "leak air pressure" sound.
The brake is going to the floor hard about quarter range very slow another quarter range (during whistle) and stops hard at about half range of travel.

The master cylinder question doesn't apply for ABS right ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
depends on the system. i dont have abs in my trep but i believe that chrysler didnt put in a seperate master cylinder for our abs's. the control module is hooked up to the regular m.c. does the squeak happen only when you brake? it could be that they didnt lube everything up the way they should. either way bring it back to them and complain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I noticed a whistling sound as I accelerate at low speeds. Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts