DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am throwing in a set of front brake pads tommorow of my "97" sport. I am doing it myself and am not turning the rotors as they look ok enough. only $20 for the pads and maybe another $ for brake cleaner and fluid.I am broke so it is all I can do as I can hear a scrape up front when I brake hard.
hope it is above freezing.anyone know how to get the cover off the wheels that cover up the lug nuts? just pry it off? :mad:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think most Intrepids use a hub cap that pries off. Some may use a style that has lug nut type things that have to be unscrewed. Just make sure which style you have before you start, should be able to look at it and tell. Most auto stores will turn rotors for free if you buy pads. It is always better to turn the rotors with a brake job.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my wheels are like the ones on this car.
http://pictures.dodgeintrepid.net/cgi-bin/schlabo/sp.pl?/police/2.jpg
I would turn the rotors too but will have no transpotation to get to the place and back and no extra $$ if needed. I am borrowing the $25 just to do the pads. gonna be a broke christmas and new years as I am on disability and no extra $$ for anything.
not to sound like I am looking for any sympathy or anything. if the rotors need turning they will have to wait untill the pads wear down again hopefully in warmer weather and more $$ in my pocket :mad:

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: bat078 ]

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: bat078 ]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to tell the true I don't even know as I asked the parts store for the cheapest pads they had and will not get them till tommorow

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
hey warlord.. I think I missed it.. is there rotors and pads from YOus Guys that fit the 'treps? I warped my front right, replaced it with new pads across the front and had the front left turned. THen I warped the front left. :p. I wanna get two up front that are high quality and won't warp......

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Lafrad:
hey warlord.. I think I missed it.. is there rotors and pads from YOus Guys that fit the 'treps? I warped my front right, replaced it with new pads across the front and had the front left turned. THen I warped the front left. :p. I wanna get two up front that are high quality and won't warp......
Yes Warlord...i would like to know also beings as i have to replace my front brakes and rotors in the near future. :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by Lafrad:
I know for sure that we DO have pads for all models of the Intrepid (and drums for those of you that have them on your rears :)).

Well, I'm not 100% sure on the R/T. I've heard that the R/T uses different pads, but they seem to look the same to me. I will have to check on that.

As far as rotors go, I will have to do some checking on that.

Since I have from 12/24-01/01 off, I won't be able to give you people an answer until next year. :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
I know for sure that we DO have pads for all models of the Intrepid (and drums for those of you that have them on your rears :)).

Well, I'm not 100% sure on the R/T. I've heard that the R/T uses different pads, but they seem to look the same to me. I will have to check on that.

As far as rotors go, I will have to do some checking on that.

Since I have from 12/24-01/01 off, I won't be able to give you people an answer until next year. :)
Well, I'm even better than I thought! :D

I just checked, and we DO have rotors available for ALL Intrepids (even the R/T).

I still don't know about the pads for the R/T. We do have pads for all other models (we even offer a more aggressive pad that goes on police cruisers).

I can get model numbers if so desired.

-chase

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Sweet! could you do me a huge favor? could you get the price of front pads and rotors for a '94 3.3L? :D ~Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Warlord,

Can you get crossdrilled rotors for the intrepid (1gen). ?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Dooley_96 Intrepid ES:
Hey Warlord,

Can you get crossdrilled rotors for the intrepid (1gen). ?
That would be sweet! :D

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I would like Price/part Numbers for the 1st Gen non-es non ABS car also. :p looking for the most warp resistant rotor possible

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a 97 sport also most of the intrepid sports have bolton hub caps do not pry them off or you will tearup the caps!!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
To find a local supplier of Bendix products, you can do two things.

1) Go to http://www.bendixbrakes.com and do a search. You will need to type in your zip code.

2) You can call our customer service number at: 1-800-231-3726 and hit option 4

From my understanding the web site doesn't have all the suppliers listed yet so calling the customer service number might yield better results.

I know of a couple local (Detroit area) suppliers, but most of you are not from the Detroit area. :)

I can't give you prices as the prices would be set by each supplier.

As far as rotors go, we don't currently offer any "performance (aka x-drilled)" rotors. Our rotors are mainly OEM replacements.

Here are the product numbers:
Front pads (all models, including R/T!): MKD591
Rear pads (1995-2001): D658
Rear pads (1993-1994): MKD415
Rear drums (1993-1997): 657L

There are a few numbers/variations for rotors, so if anyone would like specific numbers, please email me at:
[email protected]

I hope I have been helpful. If there are any other questions, please post them here, or email me at the above address.

-chase

·
Registered
104 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts