DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took the car in for the regular 60,000 KMS oil change. Whal they were working on the car they called me and stated I needed new front rotters and pads. I was reading somewhere on here that many poeple were having trouble with brakes seeming like they are warped. Mabe if this is big enough of a problem it could be a defect from DC. Because I know under hard braking my steering wheel would shake a bit. Does anyone else have this sort of problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know specifically the R/T people were complaining about only high speed wobbling. R/T owner's chime in, maybe it's restricuted to a certain build line. I have 2000 an I'm experiencing it (20k+ miles).

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
My 98 ES has always wobbled a little when I brake from higher speeds. Even after having my pads changed, etc... Never has gone away. The steering wheel vibrates when I brake.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Here's a funny one. My first set of replacement brakes for my Intrepid were made by GM. I know the big three make parts for each other to protect themselves from the Japs, but it was really funny. Well, I guess you had to be there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
www.tirerack.com now has performance brakes and rotors, I checked under my 2000 R/T and it only had the pads. I wonder if Stillen makes a size that fits....

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have almost 14,000 miles on my 2000 R/T and haven't had any kind of wobbling yet. I think it would be more of a problem in the base and ES since they have smaller front brakes than the R/T.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Double-check your lug nuts on the front wheels. It is possible that one (or more) are not correctly torqued. It is possible, over time, to warp the rotors with incorrectly-torqued wheels (had to have our Daytona's rotors turned for that reason).

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I have never had any sort of problem like that on my 2000 SE (with 23K miles), and there have been times I had to slam on the brakes while traveling at normal speeds (thanks to idiots on the road who shouldn't be driving).

Maybe ottowrkr can tell us what differences, if any, there are between the brake systems on the 98-99 and 00-01 Intrepids.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
No problems as of yet. My only wobbling comes from the front tires at highway speeds, I need to get them replaced, they are low on tread and it seems the previous owner decided to use two seperate brands of tires. I have Uniroyal's on the front and two perfectly good Goodyear GTA's on the rear. So, I am just going to match the Goodyear's on the front for now, can't afford to replace all 4.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same wobble, it is really bad when braking at 100mph. mine also squeel

·
Registered
23 Posts
38000k on my 2000 trep and not a wobble yet. I wouldn't say I was easy on brakes. Had to avoid some potential road kill at highway speeds. I had the same problem on my old T-bird. Was a poorly done rotation at an oil change and they over torqued the lugs. Now do everything myself where possible. Thank God my Father in Law is a mechanic. Don't really trust anyone else.

·
Registered
207 Posts
still waiting patiently for my cross-drilled and slotted rotors. mine are bit wobbly. nothing horrible but it shimmys the wheel. i did get a set of price lists and specs for the FIRST gen intrepids, but that does me no good. damnit. theyre falling behind. cant be far off tho. 2 months ago i had NO listings for anything cross drilled. maybe i should change that to waiting IMPATIENTLY ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
ABS does give off a slight shudder. Or am i way out in left field? So if it's really mild, could be that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts