DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put those new wheels on and it seems like there is an issue with my brakes. It may be due to larger wheels or moer weight, I'm not really sure. What happens is when I am traveling at 50 mph or so and hit the brakes to stop at a yellow light the car seemes to pull left and then right, back and forth. Doesn't seem to be a pattern. What should I have checked?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
17's are hanling like 17's do.

your pressures should be at 32psi(cold) + 5pi or 7psi (driving friction) = 37psi - 40psi (warm/hot)

do yur brake pedal pulsate. my3.5 will pull to the lft when i brake. heck tie-rods ad inner rods for play. car might be braking and tire turns a tad do to tierod

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
What is the offset of the new wheels, did you change overall diameter?

Make the [HOT] tire pressure the same on the front axle, the rear should be less than the front, ie 40 fronts, 36 rears.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Check your tie rod ends and bushings. Could be the first sign that something in there is beginning to head south on ya.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MikeW said:
What is the offset of the new wheels, did you change overall diameter?

Make the [HOT] tire pressure the same on the front axle, the rear should be less than the front, ie 40 fronts, 36 rears.
The offset is +40 I believe and no i didn't change the diameter at all. Still stock diameter.

My tires are rated at a max of 40 PSI so should they really have 40 in front and 36 in rear or like 38 all around? Who choses what?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts