DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I noticed a funny, what looks to be a manufacturing screwup.

I remember when I was looking at new Intrepids, there was a 2001/2002 ES w/ES Wheels, Leather, 3.5L engine, everything.

Well, I couldn't understand why it was badged as an SE....?

The sales rep tried to tell me it was an SE and didn't know what to say and tried to play it off so I couldn't embarrass him.

I would have bought it if it was priced as an SE but it was priced as an ES.

Thought that was interesting.....

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I remmber back in the late 80`s Plymouth made a Trail Duster a Dodge Ramcharger with Plymouth nameplates. I was with my dad looking for a car for my mother. On the show floor was a blue Trail Duster. The hood said Dodge the sides said Trail Duster the back said Plymouth Ramcharger and the inside dash said Dodge Trail Duster. The name plates were all screwed up. My dad asked a sales man what hell was it a dodge or a Plymouth the salesman just turned red and said i think its a Plymouth but your guess is good as mine, We had a good laugh about that one.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Had to be a 2002ES with the 3.5L engine. 2001 ES had the 3.2L.
If it would have been priced as an SE, what a steal that would have been. Strange how they screw up with the badging and never with the pricing!!!

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have seen so many screwed up intrepids in the '02 model year...i recently quit working for a rental agency and we had numerous treps with bumper strips on the driver side but not on the passenger side...dodge badges on one side and not on the other...etc...etc....we even had one neon that said dodge on one side and plymouth on the other....i guess when these guys are cranking out these cars they forget what theyre making.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Years ago I was at a Ford dealer and the sales guy said he had something to look at. It was a Crown Vic on one side and a Merc whatever on the other. Looked just fine until you compared one side to the other. The dealer folks all thought it was great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts