DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had bought 2 new 2.5" rear door speakers, but now decided not to install them. I am selling them for the same price as Junior (DarCars discounted price). They are brand new in box. P/N - 04760685AB

$35 each. Shipping on me.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Wow, what came with 2.5's? My wife's old sebring had 2.5's in the dash. Hers had the infinity system in it. Hard to find anything to replace them with other than factory replacements. No matter now as we traded that POS in!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I wanna say the sail speakers are 2.5 but i could be wrong. I know the center speaker is 3.5 for sure. Technically its a dash speaker and you can buy 3.5's all over the net that are labeled as dash speakers. Who knows, i could be just a total moron. always a possibility :)

Josiah

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I didn't think the sails were big enough for 2.5's but I haven't actually seen the sail speakers before. Yes 3.5's are as common as many other speaker sizes but 2.5's are a ***** to find. The ones in her sebring crackled, probably because somebody pumped too much bass into them. The 6.5's in the doors were shot also. The cones were all dry rotted and falling apart. Not knowing how long we were keeping the car, I put new 6.5's in the doors. And on that car, you had to take the door panels off to get the speakers out. The grills were molded into the door panels. Unlike our treps and corde's where the grilles pop right out and the speakers can be changed out relatively easily. I should have put the new ones in my car and thru mine in hers. Oh well, who ever bought it after we traded it has a brand new pair of 6.5's, along with the almost $1100 worth of parts and work it needed to get it running again so we COULD trade it in. What a ****ing nightmare that was! I made a thread about it back in January when the **** hit the fan.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The sails are 2.5" I replaced my 4 other speakers but left my stock sails in because I couldn't find anything afteremarket to replace them. They're blown now so I think I'm just going to replace them with the sail panels from an SE. With 4 other good speakers they're really not necessary.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,363 Posts
From my 2002 parts catalog for the dash speaker: 4760 371 SPEAKER, Instrument Panel, 2.5" Infinity. That is a good part number even though it doesn't have two letters at the end, just looked it up. The descriptions for the Sails, Rear door and Instrument panel all indicate they are 2.5" The part numbers are all different and the mounting flanges and connectors are probably different. The drawings in the parts catalog indicate the dash speaker has two flanges and the sails show four.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
The sails are 2.5" I replaced my 4 other speakers but left my stock sails in because I couldn't find anything afteremarket to replace them. They're blown now so I think I'm just going to replace them with the sail panels from an SE. With 4 other good speakers they're really not necessary.
You know I thought the same thing when my passenger side sail blew. Why should the sail matter when I have two great door speakers right below it? Well I can tell you that I did notice the difference when I disconnected the sails. I actually decided to replace them with a good set of Pioneer tweets. I know that they are mids stock, but the tweets sound much better!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts