DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you reset or break the Governer on a 99 Intrepid? at 115 the car stops acceleratting tills it back at 110. this can't keep happening. what do i need to do?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Turbo had a speed governor eliminator i think

·
Registered
781 Posts
when you see an M-Trepid fly by at 150 mph, you know you want the limiter taken off. joe knows...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Limiter??? What's a limiter??? :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
alderran said:
What you got no limiter... you the man bet your car can go 350
You forgot about the canadian conversion.......up there his car can reach at least 500:D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I'm kinda curious why anyone would want the governor removed.

Why would you want to go over 115 mph? You aren't going to hit that on a 1/4 mile track and you surely aren't going to hit it on a slalom course or track. So that leaves the street.

If someone passed me doing 115 mph (or over, since you want to get rid of the governor) I'd be on the cell phone (hands free, thank you) calling the cops. You do realize that's around 40-50 mph faster then most speed limits?

Not to be an old fart...but damn. Slow down.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
If someone passed me doing 115 mph (or over, since you want to get rid of the governor) I'd be on the cell phone (hands free, thank you) calling the cops. You do realize that's around 40-50 mph faster then most speed limits?

Not to be an old fart...but damn. Slow down.
I guess you don't like me anymore huh? I hit my limiter the first day I had my car driving back from the dealer in New Hampshire

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
JoeKD said:
I guess you don't like me anymore huh? I hit my limiter the first day I had my car driving back from the dealer in New Hampshire
No Joe, I still love you.

But you don't need cops...from what I hear regarding the last Kart meet...you need a fireman!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
lol can i follow you to carlile anthony?
Haha.

In all honesty, I used to drive fast. I try not to anymore. I find that I used to want to race everyone that passed me. All it did was raise my blood pressure and have me saying "Man, what a dork I was" afterwards.

I try to keep it with the flow of traffic now.

Though, I do remember hitting a decent speed in the Liberty the last time I was up at Joe's place on the way to the Kart Track. (I'm guilty!) :D But hey! That was a year ago!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
JoeKD said:
yeah I also remember a certain green SE hitting 100+ MPH with the family Explorer following it through Long Island
Ok, now you are talking 3 years ago! I don't remember that though...did I do dat? :confused:

Man, I guess I have calmed down in the past year or so. Think it has anything to do with owning a slow car?

:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
Ok, now you are talking 3 years ago! I don't remember that though...did I do dat? :confused:

Man, I guess I have calmed down in the past year or so. Think it has anything to do with owning a slow car?
Nah, you are just old. You must of aged 30 years in the past 3 old man

Grandpa Anthony can you tell us stories about growing up with the old Greek traditions?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
There was a time a couple of years ago that I was looking for a place to stretch out her legs. I only got her up to about 115mph before I had to slow down for various reasons (hill coming up, cars on the side of the road, cars in the road, paved road changing to a dirt road, etc). I wanted to see how fast I could go and to verify that I don't have a limiter. I would have kept trying but about a year ago I was being stupid and got a speeding ticket. I was doing 89 in a 55 and got lucky that he knocked it down. Ever since that day I have not had the balls to go that fast. It was only the second ticket I got in my life, but I don't even want to know what would happen if I got caught doing 120+.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
You seen what the cops did to Rodney King... 120+ and you may attain the same fate. The cops beat the **** out of this guy I know because he led them on a 130mph + chase... unfortunately for him he was white and there were no video cameras so he got a beating and lost his license for a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts