DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
If you want to brighten up the interior, switch to a hyper white 194 bulbs in the 4 overhead lights. I changed mine over and it makes a huge difference. You can use the colored LED's, but i've found it's a bit harder to read maps/directions/etc. with them. Change the fronts first and you'll see how much nicer they look and how more defined the colors on the inside are. Somone in here even rigged it up so he has colored ones run off a switch, so he is still able to use the stock lighting.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RCE2WIN said:
If you want to brighten up the interior, switch to a hyper white 194 bulbs in the 4 overhead lights. I changed mine over and it makes a huge difference. You can use the colored LED's, but i've found it's a bit harder to read maps/directions/etc. with them. Change the fronts first and you'll see how much nicer they look and how more defined the colors on the inside are. Somone in here even rigged it up so he has colored ones run off a switch, so he is still able to use the stock lighting.
what brand and how much are they?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I replaced all my interior and dash bulbs with 194cp blue blubs. the dash brighter at night, and the blue interior lights are easyer on the eyes when reading a map at night, or if the wife wants to read while driving.

·
9,861 Posts
Were they LEDs? Probably Jamstrait.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Intrepid99 said:
I replaced all my interior lights with PIAA XTREME WHITE bulbs. they make a world of difference, and look really cool, too
Hell yeah! Me too!! Well, just the back ones since I still haven't installed my OTIS. Makes a world of a difference though! Since the front ones are still stock, the back seat lights up so much brighter and "cleaner".

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
FunkRider said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but if you put LED lights in the interior won't they not have a problem dimming after you close the doors after getting in?
Umm, got me?! I have all blue courtesy lights. They look pretty sweet but I want to replace them with Street Glow "mini-neons" which I think would look a lot better. Plus I love neon.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hey prevostbus, how hard was it to switch those bulbs in the dash? Would like to match them up with the neons under my dash.

The bulbs for the dash lights are held to the base with solider.
1) you remove the solider the blub will easly pull out from the base.
2) Now push the contacts out of the base
3) straighten the leads on the bulb, slide it into the base.
4) Push the contacts back into the base and bends the leads over the contacts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts