DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size or model number for back up lights. I want brighter ones because of my dark window tint. :cool:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'd suggest going with a multi led setup possibly. APC makes a regular 3157 and super white ones, and of course ones with different colour. Unfortunately Piaa still does not make a 3157 bulb though.

I'd suggest multi led bulbs.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I used xenon 3157 bulbs for my reverse lights. They're a little brighter.

I doubt LEDs would be much brighter.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Strobing back-up lights . . . . . ?

Do they make those LED bulbs that flash and could they be used as back-up lights??

HTJA3TZ-Attack!!
theCaptain

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Captain said:
Do they make those LED bulbs that flash and could they be used as back-up lights??

HTJA3TZ-Attack!!
theCaptain
Knowing the laws in the commonwealth of Virginia.... that would be highly ILLEGAL.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain

how do those work never heard of them and in ky you can have strobs as long as they are not on well your moveing so if you in a parking out showing cars they don't car i can get away well moveing for what i do lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check Canadian Tire, I remember seeing a reverse light rated at 55 watts!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I remember some one here saying they hooked-up strobing backup lights and that it was OK because the lights only came on when the car was in reverse. Anybody out there (Va. folks) know what the real deal is for backup lights in Va. ? ?

H T J A 3 T Z - Car

theCapt.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Bouts said:
.....I remember seeing a reverse light rated at 55 watts!
I think that if you are going to hook up any reverse lights that take a lot more power than the stock ones you should consider using a relay and running a larger ground and power wires so that you get the full brightness of the lights and don't fuse your transmission range sensor contacts.

·
Registered
709 Posts
nothing stops you from modding the plate to mount an h3 bulb in there and then go and get a 100 watt h3 bulb.......... dunno how the lense would handle the heat tho.

Another idea (from a mod I saw on a TJ Jeep) would be to mod a wide angle driving light (white color) unit into the reverse light openings with the lense just exposed and again a 100 watt bulb.

Nothing stops you from doing mods, hell I like the HID idea, thou it would take a bit to get to full brightness :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts