DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, overheated last night and when I opened the hood and the
smoke cleared, I noticed the entire top plate of the bleeder valve had broken off. I've seen a lot of posts here about a "leaky" bleeder valve but not a broken. Anyone ever experienced this ?? Is it fixable ? Or is it the end of my 98 2.7L intrepid?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
120 Posts
I cant say for sure, but it may be possible to replace the whole bleader setup, from the radiator to the engine, it might be possible it might not, I am just not a mechanic, but it is worth a try, just go pull one from a yard and install it. It should work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
this is somewhat common (it usually leaks for a while then breaks if not taken care of) You can take the easy way and simply replace the valve and houseing with the original part or install the revised part which moves the bleeder valve to the metal tube (hepling to reduce failures) but requires replacement of the entire coolent bypass tube assembly (about $400 at a shop includeing labor) I had this done a few months ago (mine was only leaking at the time not broken). As long as no damage is done to the engine from overheating It should be fine afterward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts