DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

pontiac 06 g6 3.5

i think i found why my car idle is rough..... i re moved the egr to clean it .. and when i took the egr off i saw the intake was broken is not big ... but i think is sucking air from there....

do i need to replace the whole intake or theres a way to fix it?

othe question just bought a lucas tranny additive should i pour all the bottle or half ... bottle is 24 oz ...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,009 Posts
Additives are more trouble. I wouldn't be using them in my cars.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man this car is driving me crazy.. today i notice. fans only kick in when ac is on..... soo i am pretty sure relays and fans are good because they kick in when ac is on .... car wont overheat it wont pass 225 normal temp when ac is off ....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That looks like a big hole. Are you sure its broken and sucking air? While its running spay carb cleaner at the hole, if its sucking air it will bog.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,516 Posts
Looks like part of the casting to me. I would verify it is actually an open hole in the intake. It would be idling at 3000 RPMs if it was open to the manifold.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
soo that hole is normal.....????i will spar carb cleaner and report back........ thanx guys for ur help

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,516 Posts
soo that hole is normal.....????i will spar carb cleaner and report back........ thanx guys for ur help
Yeah, that happens alot, it is a result of casting the intake. It does not go into the airflow chambers, trust me, if it did, your idle would be 3000 RPM.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that happens alot, it is a result of casting the intake. It does not go into the airflow chambers, trust me, if it did, your idle would be 3000 RPM.

you are rigth !!! i spray carb cleaner and nothing change... any ways i have check everything... engine vibration still with engine off.... i can feel the engine stumble .....

i think when i turn on the ac the rpm goes up to 700 800 rpm and the stumble disappear ..... weird....

this only happen when car is in idle.park or drive,reverse..... car is very smooth when driving..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts