DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had seen some videos on youtube about this stuff and it seemed to work extremely well so i decided to buy a bottle and give it a shot.

My first test is the oil spot on my concrete driveway that was starting to get pretty bad even though iv been trying to keep it under control with engine degreaser and Dawn dish washing soap still leaving a dark stain.

After spraying just a little bit of the stuff on the stain and brushing it down with my shop broom then rinsing with the hose the stain is almost completely gone so for now im very impressed and once the wife gets home from work i will test it on my wheels that really need a good cleaning to remove the heavy break dust and road grime.

I think its going to kick the road grime and break dusts ass.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I was looking for that stuff yesterday. They don't sell it anywhere in my town.

edit:

No wonder. It looks like it is only sold through there website flashwax.com

I found them via facebook of all sources.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I've seen the videos and it looks like some pretty amazing stuff. I think I'll wait to see hear your results and then go from there. The 1 gallon looks to be a good value. I've got plenty of wheels to clean. Magic Eraser does a pretty good job but I'm lazy, and at about $1 per pad they add up quick.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I've seen the videos and it looks like some pretty amazing stuff. I think I'll wait to see hear your results and then go from there. The 1 gallon looks to be a good value. I've got plenty of wheels to clean. Magic Eraser does a pretty good job but I'm lazy, and at about $1 per pad they add up quick.
Do they scratch the wheels? I know when I use them on leather they take off a bit of the material off.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Big thing is it's NON-acid forumla. The meguairs wheel brightener is crazy acid based and you have to wear a respirator to use it.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big thing is it's NON-acid forumla. The meguairs wheel brightener is crazy acid based and you have to wear a respirator to use it.
Thats one of the main reasons why i chose to try this stuff was the non acid formula do to the fact that had a bad accident with a bottle of acid based cleaner many years ago and got burned pretty bad on one of my legs.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the stuff works great!!!

I didn't do any scrubbing on this wheel just the cleaner and a hose down for the first test but i can already tell that with some light brushing they will come out crystal clean with very little effort.

I will do a complete cleaning this weekend when i have the time to take the wheels off.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure what shipping would be to Canada but it was $9.00 to my door and the company is only 116 miles from me here in FL.

They calculate the shipping after you place the order and send it to you by E-Mail for you to decide to finalize the order.

Its kind of stupid if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The break dust started to run right off the second i sprayed it on the wheel i was really amazed .

I think im going to do a small 50/50 mix to see how well it works diluted with water.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok this is the before and after shots with the cleaner at 50/50 strength but this time i did use my cleaning paint bush to lightly agitate the cleaner and still im very impressed with the outcome.

After a thorough complete cleaning with the wheels removed they will be spotless

1 - 20 of 43 Posts