DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Assuming you haven't made any hardware changes just befor this started happening..it could be a driver issue. If you haven't changed any drivers or downloaded anything to change the drivers then it could be a hardware problem. A few years ago I had the same type of error on a P4 system running XP Pro. After trying all sorts of software fixes and even formatting and doing a clean install of XP..the problem was still there. Turned out to be a stick of my Crucial RAM that was crapping out. If you have more than one stick of RAM in there you can try alternately pulling one stick and running it to see if it goes away or the other stick if it doesn't.

Also if you could clarify what the first words in the very last line of the error in the middle picture are it would help with the area the error is in. The text is too blurry to read fully. It's the first word with the .sys extension. Looks like hdlb????.sys

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

Read everything in there, and post any text related to this.

If you startup the computer in safe mode, then shut down, do you still get this error?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get this error message on boot up too....

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ronbo said:
Assuming you haven't made any hardware changes just befor this started happening..it could be a driver issue. If you haven't changed any drivers or downloaded anything to change the drivers then it could be a hardware problem. A few years ago I had the same type of error on a P4 system running XP Pro. After trying all sorts of software fixes and even formatting and doing a clean install of XP..the problem was still there. Turned out to be a stick of my Crucial RAM that was crapping out. If you have more than one stick of RAM in there you can try alternately pulling one stick and running it to see if it goes away or the other stick if it doesn't.

Also if you could clarify what the first words in the very last line of the error in the middle picture are it would help with the area the error is in. The text is too blurry to read fully. It's the first word with the .sys extension. Looks like hdlb????.sys

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
You might try reinstalling DirectX and possibly your motherboard chipset driver if you do not have a Logitech mouse or keyboard.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ronbo said:
Lee...don't know if you have a logitec keyboard/mouse but here's something direct from MS on your particular error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810980
Yeah i found out something similar... i have had this keyboard and mouse for over a year though? Why would it play up now?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Maybe it doesn't like a recent MS update. Just for schnitts and giggles, uninstall the logitec drivers and see if it goes away. The mouse & keyboard will still work, just won't have the programmability. Also check their site and see if there is a new driver for the mouse/keyboard available. Seems from the dll, that the keyboard driver is the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts