DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I can usually fix my problems by myself, but I'm just looking for advice here.

My car has been bucking when I first press down on the gas pedal.

I have done some checks, cylinder compression is at 170 psi, at all cylinders.
Valve train looks good
No leaks
No erroe codes

So I can pretty much rule out anything too horrible, at first I was thinking it was a trans prblem but now I don't think so.

So here are some of the things that I think could be causing my problem

1.Timing belt may have some slack in it
2.Cam/crank position sensors
3.Fuel pump, rails, injectors, or pressure regulator
4.Bad coil pack, plug wires, or somehow maybe incorrectly gapped spark
5.TPS sensor

My main suspect is the timing belt, so I was wondering if anybody has had trouble with the timing belt on a 3.5l streching and is so what was it doing?

If anybody has anything to add to the list of what I can check let me know, Of course I'm going to check the plugs first.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
mine did this, turns out the plug wires had corroded internall and were shorting out the coil pack.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
TPS, EGR,MAP Sensor, lazy O2 Sensor. Anyone of those would be my guess. When was the last time you changed out the fuel filter? If this just started, it could be some bad gas too.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
wow that sucks

So did a new coil pack and wires solve your problem?
2 coil packs and a set of wires. *we figured the plug wires were at fault after they fried the 1st replacement pack.. weee!*

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry I didn't post anything yet, but I found the problem, last time I took the heads off I left the spark plugs in because they were pretty new. I must have set it down the wrong way because one of the spark plugs was crushed and had no gap, it's fixed now, thaks everybody

1 - 10 of 10 Posts