DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Dodge Trep ES, that has about 178,000 miles on it. I recently started having some kind of electrical glitch where, whenever I fill up the gas tank, for some reason, every so often, my gas needle will drop to empty, the warning light will come on, and my distance to empty gauge will read 0 The the situation will then clear and everything will be back to normal. I seem to notice it does it whenever I accelerate from a dead stop or have been running at a constant speed for more than two minutes. Once in a while, it will do this even if I am idling at a stop sign, sometimes two or three times in a minute. I am not getting any error codes and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the rest of the car, except I know I need to replace or clean my EGR valve and/or sensor. Any answers?

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
could also be the sender in the fuel pump,, happens on chevy's a lot,, and the fuel pump is quite simular

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.