DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Build a lifted 4x4 intrepid?

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  95trep3.3 
#1 ·
Ok so as i look at everybodies awesome whips, i can't help but wonder about something completely different. Have you ever gone to a car show and seen those classic camaros or elcaminos all lifted and put on a 4x4 frame? Can that be done to an Intrepid? Has anybody actually seen this? Anybody got a picture of one? I want to try to take a 1500 Ram and an 93-97 Intrepid and make one kick ass vehicle. Help me out with some info. :grinyes:

#7 ·
would still not be all that easy, prob have to shorten the truck frame to fit the trep body, also have to fab up soem body mounts etc, the electricals would be hell lol but would be kewl

#12 ·
#13 ·
Ah Ha, so it has been done.....looks a little high in the front, but the rear end has the right stance. I really want to do it. i'm wondering if a 4x4 shop would help out. i got the intrepid, i just need to find a rolled 1500. Do you guys think a standard cab with a short bed would fit it or will the frame need to be torched?

#15 ·
Can it be done?
Sure.

Should it be done?
Nope.

you'll spend alot of money to build a 4x4 that is a pain on road and even more useless off road.
I would also check your local laws before you follow this "dream" any further. When I was younger, I helped a freind put a dart body on a ramcharger frame. Looked ok, butthere was no way in hell the DMV was going to let us register it for street use.

No Way, No How.

Also, you'll be looking at one heck of alot of money just to get the two vehicles to mate up. I'm talking thousands and thousands of dollars here. Tens of thousands if you want it to look anywhere near finished or professional.

Now, if you want to spend your money and build a show car, well.......

Full Steam Ahead!

cheers

BJ

#16 ·
I think it would be a lot of work, but it'd definitely be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.