DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's some info that might be useful to all LH owners and others! I needed to replace some wheel liner push pins and didn't want to pay the $3-4 ea for the little plastic pieces of crap. I turned to Ebay and found someone selling a set of 12 OEM fasteners for $4.95 for the package. It had 6x of the rivet style push pins and 6x of the "Christmas Tree" style fasteners as shown below. After getting the package, I looked at the part number: CATCK135AA. Turns out it's some type of repair kit for a model of Jeep and you can get the package at the local dealer for less than $2!! So if you're in need of these style fasteners...head down to the dealer and snatch them up cheap!

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
calling Matthews Chrysler now

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know what the retail price is at that dealer.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my price $7.89
$7.89! Those Bass-Turds! I just looked it up on Moparpartsamerica and the MSRP is $.045 for the package. That's right...45 cents! $.30 discounted.

I had the part # wrong in the original post. Had an extra "5" in there. Corrected it.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
regardless,, im getting a set,, after lunch when the guy I know is there,, looks like what I need for the front piece on the special

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
w00t! Just called Benchmark Chrysler Dodge and the price is 45 cents ea! I ordered 20 bags and they'll be in tomorrow morning! YeeHaw!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Do you guys have the special gun for those rivets? I picked one up at an autobody supply store and it works well.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What's the plastic rivet gun you bought look like? I got one of these from HarborFreight.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
That one looks just like mine. It came with a few different sizes of rivets. I ended up buying a box of 20 factory sized rivets for my fascias.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the HF one came with 20 or 30 rivets of different sizes. I figure these rivet kits from the dealer @ 45 cents a package is a bargain though! I'll see tomorrow when I go to pick them up. 120 of the OEM plastic rivets and 120 of the "Christmas tree" fasteners for under $10 has got to be one of the best deals to come out of Mopar yet!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I think the HF one came with 20 or 30 rivets of different sizes. I figure these rivet kits from the dealer @ 45 cents a package is a bargain though! I'll see tomorrow when I go to pick them up. 120 of the OEM plastic rivets and 120 of the "Christmas tree" fasteners for under $10 has got to be one of the best deals to come out of Mopar yet!
This I can't argue with! Ronbo's going to eat up the whole country's supply of kits!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ronbo's Plastic Rivet Emporium will soon be open for business! LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The rivets are typically used on the wheel well liner to fender/bumper cover. The tree style pins are used on the bumper covers and the trunk lid liner along with some interior parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts