DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose I want to capture a nice pic of a smoky burnout tomorrow morning, before disposing of my tires which are beyond their useful life. What would provide the prettiest picture/most effective burnout? Clorox or something like that, or are there other alternatives I should know about? :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
white, i think if you add copper sulfate to the fluid you can get a bluish color...not to sure..chemistry is a like vague

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Entered a burnout comp years ago with my roadrunner and got a nice green cast somehow, which matched the car nicely. Or rust color may have matched better actually lol...

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I have seen people use everythig from tire shine to winshield washer fluid. Myself I wouldnt use any chemicals like brake fluid or bleach for fear of hurting the paint.

Use plain old water just like they do at the track. All you need is somethign to help the tires slip, the spinning of the tires will make plenty of smoke by themself.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JoeKD said:
I have seen people use everythig from tire shine to winshield washer fluid. Myself I wouldnt use any chemicals like brake fluid or bleach for fear of hurting the paint.

Use plain old water just like they do at the track. All you need is somethign to help the tires slip, the spinning of the tires will make plenty of smoke by themself.
That's probably what I'll do Joe, definitely the most economical option too!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
bus...definitely do not use brake fluid it does eat paint...

Tire shine or armor all or something like that should be pretty effective and safe....

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ChicagoTRS said:
bus...definitely do not use brake fluid it does eat paint...

Tire shine or armor all or something like that should be pretty effective and safe....
oh yeah tony, I meant that I was just going to use some good old water! That should suffice!

EDIT: altough tire shine might be an easy way to shine up those wheelwells at the same time. ;) Too bad it's only 2wd lol!

·
Registered
589 Posts
GAS! USE GAS! it sparks up flames =P

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Trytic said:
GAS! USE GAS! it sparks up flames =P
talk about burning rubber.... id say use car soap and water... that way you can clean your wheel wells along with a nice show,
the reason why i say the soap is it gives a nice slippery.....

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I did that same exact thing when my new tires for my old Turbo Eclipse came in. I burned them out so much, one tire completely shredded. So I had the spare on it already and I had to drive like 80 miles to get to the shop that sold Kumhos (back then, no one sold them). I was driving so careful cause I didn't have another spare.

When they pulled the car into the shop, the guy had to call ALL the other guys into the shop to come check out my tires. Some of the tires had nothing but metal showing in large spots. They all said they've never seen someone come in with all 4 tires showing that much metal (actually, one was shredded).

So I'm totally with you on the burning rubber and getting the most out of them tires. You need to take vids as well. BTW, how do you plan on keeping the car steady while burning out? Well, I guess the water will help but I've never been able to get the Trep's rear wheels to hold the car in place while the front spins, but I've never tried doing that with water/bleach/ky jelly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts