DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would u do burnouts and doughnuts in a trep? it easy in me friends car cuz its rwd and a stick can you do thme in the trep?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
For future reference you might want to include your year/make/model/engine size so you can get more replies. But some sleuthing pulled up this: '94 intrepid es 3.5 L
Sooo... do a brake stand... and gun it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
Why would you wanna do that? Unless this is your beater?? The only thing I ever did was flooring it on water at Joe's Kart meeting (nothing impressive) and last winter, well, I had some fun at my work's parking lot but nothing crazy either. I only did it when there was alot of snow......Now, I have my fun with my neon, it's better with the hand brake than with the foot brake......But like we already said, not everyone cares about there cars so, have fun!!! Take vids if you can too! :fun_08:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
how to swing the ass of an intrepid out in 4 easy steps:

step 1: head to mcdonalds and enjoy a nice (ok ok, crappy) meal
step 2: steal two mcdonalds trays
step 3: place a tray behind each back tire, back up onto trays and engage parking brake
step 4: drive around in circles, and enjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
dmt4595 said:
how to swing the ass of an intrepid out in 4 easy steps:

step 1: head to mcdonalds and enjoy a nice (ok ok, crappy) meal
step 2: steal two mcdonalds trays
step 3: place a tray behind each back tire, back up onto trays and engage parking brake
step 4: drive around in circles, and enjoy
:biggrinfl Now, this is some funny **** right there!!! :smilie_lo I definetly wanna see a vid if anyone tries that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
hey numskull,hahaha
anyway,either do it in the rain or spray your tires a little bit before doing it. it will make it easier for the tires to start spinning when you're doung the ebrake then floor it. when completely dry you're putting some serious force on the trans and trust me, a couple times of that and you'll have your damn trans sitting on the street.
unless like already stated, you have another car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Bimmer_2002 said:
:biggrinfl Now, this is some funny **** right there!!! :smilie_lo I definetly wanna see a vid if anyone tries that.

theres video's all over the place... look for tray sliding. its fun... i used to do it on my old car but i only had pictures. the best trays to use are the pepsi or coke trays that the 20oz's come in.

heres a taste (you need quicktime or something that plays 3g2)
https://home.comcast.net/~pimpincars/tray.3g2

http://www.vaporsport.com/thetrader/traysliding/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Taurus Tray slide

Found this browsing around... that would be similar to ours... And I believe that is a vulcan engine too (which is about the same power as a 3.3) so a 3.2/5 even a 2.7 could do as well or better... but its HELL on the engine and tranny... and we know how well the A606 can handle stress... :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
97IntrepidES said:
Taurus Tray slide

Found this browsing around... that would be similar to ours... And I believe that is a vulcan engine too (which is about the same power as a 3.3) so a 3.2/5 even a 2.7 could do as well or better... but its HELL on the engine and tranny... and we know how well the A606 can handle stress... :laughing:
hahaah im glad you found that link... thats the one me and my roomate from school first saw... that video started it all :violin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
I just saw the vid.....That's ****ing crazy and obviously not good for the car either.......I would never do that to any of my cars, not even my winter beater.........but it's a cool video......anyone know these guys??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Bimmer_2002 said:
I just saw the vid.....That's ****ing crazy and obviously not good for the car either.......I would never do that to any of my cars, not even my winter beater.........but it's a cool video......anyone know these guys??

the way that the kid did it in the taurus is TERRIBLE for the car, however you can do it and still not cause any damage. its much more fun to just slide around the lot like the video that i posted instead of doing straight donuts. you dont have to floor it either, once you get momentum natural forces take care of everything, you can also feel when you wear the tray down to your tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
if i had a video camera i would do it and take a vid, but i dont... i have been driving around with trays in my trunk for a while waiting to find a good chance to do it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
:fun_83: That cant be good. That poor car!!!! Even though its a ford its still wrong. Was his car on fire? I realy dont sugest you do that dude. Stick to dirt paths and wet roads. ITs a little easier. I spin out all the time. Im not doing burn outs though. The way I do it is to lock down your e-brake and let it have it. Once you feel it spinning release the e-brake. You should kick up a lot of dust. I dont have the money for new tires so I cant guarante smoke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
redmuzick said:
:fun_83: That cant be good. That poor car!!!! Even though its a ford its still wrong. Was his car on fire? I realy dont sugest you do that dude. Stick to dirt paths and wet roads. ITs a little easier. I spin out all the time. Im not doing burn outs though. The way I do it is to lock down your e-brake and let it have it. Once you feel it spinning release the e-brake. You should kick up a lot of dust. I dont have the money for new tires so I cant guarante smoke.

yeah i dont like the way he did it... he sat there and punched it in a circle. if he just drove around with the trays on the back it would be like driving normally except with NO traction in the back, sort of like RWD in snow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
ok, i think the next time it rains im gonna head to town and go to one of the many huge parking lots that become vacated after 2am...haha! i'll take the camera along if i do, maybe i'll take my truck (97 Ram) too, it is really fun and easy to do donuts in even when it's dry, so when it's wet things get crazy....(i know, i know, shame on me....if it weren't a dodge it wouldn't still be running!) o, and instead of plastic trays, why don't you use car dolleys? you know the kind with the four small caster wheels and the rounded pan inside of a steel box that they use in garages and shops to move cars around more easily and into tighter places. just get two of em and put em under the rear wheels...that thing would be all over the place! if you do it, definietly do it in a very open place and slowly at first, but that gets rid of all the friction problems and it doesn't wear out like the trays would. seriously, if anyone trys it, take a camera and send me the footage!


on another note, my 95 ES 3.5L does pretty well from a stand-still even on dry pavement, but its hard on the tranny, and like another guy said, we all know how that goes...anyway, just make sure if you try something like that or a drag or something that you have turned the traction controll off!!! yeah, i got beat by a crappy 94 'stang cause of that... less than a second difference...aww...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top