DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all need an opinion and im sure you all have one :biggrin: found an 04 sxt with 54xxx sunroof 6 disk cd not sure of the sound system but has the tweeters on the doors, power seats, leather, 3.5 ofcourse, and all the normal things tilt and so on. i got the dealer down to 10,000 the car is clean inside and out with new rubber. that is well below nada and kbb. what do you think? had a 96 and loved it till the oldest destroyed it. thanks all

·
Registered
153 Posts
I agree sounds like a nice car but in this market you should be able to get a better price-- at the 10,000 price would only buy it if you just can't live without it-- I have to admit I have bought a car or two a little over priced because I just loved it so much

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice didnt get the car that cheap but did get them to come down a bit. i will post pics soon so stay tuned. pickin up the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
People here in Chicago always add an extra 5k to what the car is worth.

2004 SXT are probably the best Intrepids imo.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
2004 SXT are probably the best Intrepids imo.
From what I remember hearing Chrysler started cutting costs starting in late 2002 on all of the LH models. The later LH's had cheaper wiring harnesses, thinner plastic on the coolant resevoir, less insulation, and didn't have the headlight levelers. So most people say the "Golden Age" of the 2nd Gens would be the early 2002's because it is just before the cost cutting began.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Damn factory and their cost cutting. I guess anything to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
From what I remember hearing Chrysler started cutting costs starting in late 2002 on all of the LH models. The later LH's had cheaper wiring harnesses, thinner plastic on the coolant resevoir, less insulation, and didn't have the headlight levelers. So most people say the "Golden Age" of the 2nd Gens would be the early 2002's because it is just before the cost cutting began.
So what you are saying is that 1998-2002 were the best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I GOT IT. picked it up tonight (friday 21st) sorry not pics yet also got about 6 inches of snow on the first day of spring. i will get them up as soon as the weather breaks and i get it cleaned up. first question is it has tan leather seats with the front bucket seats having the dodge emblem on them, was this a stock thing or aftermarket? they are cool. next what takes pin stripes off? it has a red thin stripe down the side and i think it has to go. LB

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
So what you are saying is that 1998-2002 were the best.
Yes and no. People consider the early 2002 models the best because they are the most updated and arguably had the best options. In late 2002 they started cost cutting. The only problem is that these cars are obviously older than the 2003 and 2004 models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts