DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be buying a 95 Intrepid tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is anything paticular I should look out for. It has 90k miles on it. I am going to get it for a work car...I drive about 80 miles a day to work. How is the gas milage on it? It is a 3.3 V6. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Gas mileage is about 19 city and 26 highway? I'm not 100% sure, but it's close to the 3.5L

If u want fast, go with 3.5L, if u want reliabilty go with 3.3L. As for trouble spots, I'm on my 3rd a/c and my 4th catalytic converter. The rest of my problems (an I had a lot) were with the 3.5L.

If u want acceleration times for both cars, I'll post them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will just use it as a work car not for speed...I have a 97 Camaro Z28 for that :D Thanks for the info by the way. Anyone have other experiences or trouble spots to look for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok nevermind...it has 190k not 90k. They only want $2295, but that is to many miles for me.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Since you've decided not to get it, I say save your money and get a 97 Intrepid with 3.3L, they worked out most of the bugs by then.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have had a "97" sport for 7 months now with no problems except for replacement of front pads. drove from mass to florida a little over a month ago and am driving back tommorrow. great car:cool:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
oh yeah... Did u find out what caused ur problem? Engine block cracked right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts