DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, not necessarily NEW...

I have decided to purchase a 1978 Chevrolet Nova, and I was wondering what the specs were on the inline 6 engine that the car would come with. I have been doing some research but I can't seem to find the ratings on that engine (horsepower and torque-wise). Any help would be appreciated.

No bashing the vehicle I want to purchase, it's just gonna be a car to bomb around in because it will have low insurace (I've done that research) and it'll get me from A-B. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yarr, Matey. :arrr:

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Most likely it's the 250 cubic inch I-6, that our 77 Impala had in it. 110 horses is what it puts out IIRC. Decent engine, ours, except towards the end with carb problems, never had any major mechanical work done to it. Car was 23 years old when we sold it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If it's all stock with relatively low miles, you'll be lucky to see 100 horsepower to the pavement, but it'll run forever if you take care of it.

On the plus side, a 350 will slide right in there.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we have a 350 we're working on (me and my dad) and we're stroking it out for our 75 Nova. Still fits perfectly right in that engine bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts