DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone write detailed steps on how they bypassed the factory amp to get their 6.5"'s playing treble? That would be veryyyy helpful, thanks!

Also does anyone have a viper 791xv? I'm thinking about getting a security system and was wondering if this one is good. If I buy this, what kind of places would install it, just local car audio shops or what?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
To bypass the amp all you have to do is connect the amp's inputs to the corresponding outputs. If you do a search you should be able to find the color codes for all the amp wiring. As far as the 791xv, I've never used one personally, but I know of other's who really like them. Viper makes good stuff and you can usually find it at alot of audio shops.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've installed a lot of 791's and am a proud owner of one also....tell you the truth, I EFFIN LOVE IT! u can add a lot of stuff to it too (window mods for example) works very good and has a lot of protective features against messin up the engine and security wise.

the only down side of it that i can see is that if you mess up the remote control, a new one will run you 120$....so you have to be cariful with the remote....but thats about it.

:groupgrin

as far as bypassing factory amp, i tried posting color codes in the how-to section...but they never showed up.... :( and now i dont remembe them :( sorry

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you buy the 791xv someplace else, ie internet, get an install quote for it and your car from where your planning on taking it first as compared to what they would charge you if you bought it from them. If your saving money getting it on the internet make sure they don't recoup the cost on you, having them install it with bs rates.

And yeah just about any car stereo store/shop will do the install for you, I'd avoid places like best buy or circuit city but some people have no problem with them. I don't know if some shops will do an install of an alarm system they don't sell, ie if they only sell compustars they might not do Viper installs I don't know but its best to check first.

For the remote, get a beeper pouch/holder or a cell phone holder if you can't find a beeper pouch, one with a belt clip or key chain would do you better. I've only had mine for a year now, but I put it in a beeper pouch and wear it on the belt loop, other than the little scratch on the screen I got before the pouch it's like brand new. I'd recommend you keep your car keys seperate from the remote so it doesn't dangle and smack the keys/column while your driving and have a spare AAA battery somewhere in your car or on your person for the remote.

IF you mean 'bypass' the amp's crossover JUST to get the 6.5's playing treble just tap into the tweeters, otherwise your adding a new amp and the factory amp is completely bypassed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts