DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Welcome to the club, I've been with Rogers High speed (formerly @Home) for 5 years now.

Which isp provides your cable internet? I'm a Road Runner tech myself :)

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got Dig Cable (Charter Communications) installed in my apartment today. I got the Cable modem and Dig Box to get 700 + channels. All i can say is Fast fast fast. mp3 = 40sec Download time...... SWEET.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've been running an RCN Cable Modem for a few years - I'll never dial up again!

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I love cable, but the only thing I hate is the drop in throughput when there are multiple users in your neighbourhood. :(

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
LHSer said:
I love cable, but the only thing I hate is the drop in throughput when there are multiple users in your neighbourhood. :(
My friend and I had contests on who could steal the most bandwidth when RoadRunner originally came to milwaukee.... we were neighbors, and had only 4 people on our circuit. :) but... we got into Counterstrike, and DSL provided better pings, so, Out went the cable and in came DSL. pings dropped by 30 ms all around but downloads were slower. oh well? I am sure the other two neighbors loved us tho..as thier connections weren't getting hammerd anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts