DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make a more organized and updated sig. So here are pics of my Concorde as of April 5th. I have done several mods, and think the car has come a long way. Here are several pics of my mods, in before and after order.

Mods Done To Date
Exterior
-New Tires 15" with Intrepid Hub's
-Cleaned Headlights and Added new Bulbs
-Painted Rear middle reflector
-Added 3.5 24 Valve Badges
-Replaced Front Center Badge
-Added JL Audio Decal, Rockford Decal, and Alpine Decal to rear window
-Added Ultra White LED's to reverse lights

Interior
-Added Sony CDX-F700 Head Unit
-Added Sony Xplode 6x9's at 350 watts.
-Rewired entire sound system and bypassed factory amp.
-Painted all speaker covers, Added JL Audio badge to rear speaker covers.
-Smoothed and painted Stereo and Heat control surrounding black and added JL Audio decal.
-Added all Blue Led's to interior, ashy tray and Door lights.
-Put in 1995 Intrepid Cluster, and swapped lights for Blue LED's.
-Reprogrammed Key Fob for keyless entry(pocketed the Keyfob at the yard lol)
-Added Chrysler Seatbelt Covers from a PT Cruiser.
-Ultra White LED in glove box
-12" Blue led strip under dash.

First Pic, when I first got it, the car had 16" tired with just black rims. Looked horrible. Also was very dirty.

Exterior Before

Exterior Now(with new tires, and Intrepid Hubs for now) Decals added to rear window, and 3.5 24 Valve badges added.

Driver's Side

Rear End Before

Rear End Now(paint doesn't match have to redo)

Broken Driver's Side Mirror Before

Driver's Side Mirror Fixed

Decals

Headlight's cleaned & New Bulbs
Before(left)&After(Right)

On Car(now)

Interior
Before

Now

Motor (haven't done anything really)
New gaskets, new battery lines and connectors, painted plenum cover blue, new air filter, running Mobil 1 full synthetic.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want ur gauges
It was actually super easy to do. Just get Intrepid cluster, take apart, add the Carbon Fiber(walmart or canadian tire or something along those lines, order Leds off ebay, and throw it together. More to it obviously but really it was easy. Hardest part was the Carbon Fiber background. They are great though! Really get alot of compliments and my friends want theirs done now on their rides lol. even my dad wants his truck done.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but wait you have all sony components in your system yet have, kenwood, alpine, and jl stickers on your car? wats up with that
UM....they're just decals? I also have a cluster from an Intrepid, but yet it's a Concorde? Wuts up with that?

For future....I know what pieces I want, Alpine deck, Kenwood Amp, JL Subs.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Looks nice, get that center tail light piece repainted to match your car! That sticks out hard core! :) Get that wood grain taken care of to!

Lookin good though! Keep it up!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks nice, get that center tail light piece repainted to match your car! That sticks out hard core! :) Get that wood grain taken care of to!

Lookin good though! Keep it up!
It says right next to the after pic.....have to repaint paint does not match.....it looks worse in the pic, the factory paint has a sparkle to it, but when your standing next to it its not that bad of difference.

Wood grain stays untill i get new factory pieces in good shape. I don't care for painting interior pieces.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It says right next to the after pic.....have to repaint paint does not match.....it looks worse in the pic, the factory paint has a sparkle to it, but when your standing next to it its not that bad of difference.

Wood grain stays untill i get new factory pieces in good shape. I don't care for painting interior pieces.
wood grain is nasty!

Wood Grain makes Jesus cry! :crying5:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
lol, yeah i can't imagine what the first guy to put it in a car was thinking. like wtf would you want wood anything in a vehicle. just seems so far left field.
I really think that carbon fiber stuff would look great on it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, i just need to find the right stuff, or thinner overlay/easier to work with. I already tried that stuff i used on my cluster and it wouldn't stick very well. I am just gonna look for some black or dark greay pieces at the yard when i go pick up my seats next week.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Newest Mod. Painted Tails. I like how the look. Been thinking of doing it for awhile, there not completely done, I wanted to see how the looked. The center bar is painted as well, but paint didn't match. I have some on order from the dealership, so in about a week it will be done.

I used Black Metallic, because the car's paint is a metallic as well.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I dunno about those tail lights man... They would look better if the car was black..

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Newest Mod. Painted Tails. I like how the look. Been thinking of doing it for awhile, there not completely done, I wanted to see how the looked. The center bar is painted as well, but paint didn't match. I have some on order from the dealership, so in about a week it will be done.

I used Black Metallic, because the car's paint is a metallic as well.

I kinda like them. They really set off the mismatch between the car and the third brake light though lol. I think if the center light bar matched the car better, they would really look nice. Another thing that might look kinda cool, would be to just do the whole center light bar in the same metallic black.

One thing I learned from Dans Ohio meet a few weeks ago is that tinted/painted taillights dont look nearly as cool in pictures as they do in real life lol.
I personally think black tails look good on lighter color cars. I think theres quite a few on here. I kinda expected a negative comment from you though. Seems to be a trend.
Claytons a cool guy. I dunno what your talking about :dunno:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah the center bar is going to be done asap. I hate it. I had to get some ordered from the d-ship here, should be about a week. Yeah the pics don't do it justice. In the light the sparkles just fly out and bring the metallic in the car out as well. As for Clayton i was just saying it seems like all his posts to me and some others are always negative, or putting down things or pointing out the faults. Just saying. Critisism is one thing, being negative just to be negative is another.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yeah the center bar is going to be done asap. I hate it. I had to get some ordered from the d-ship here, should be about a week. Yeah the pics don't do it justice. In the light the sparkles just fly out and bring the metallic in the car out as well. As for Clayton i was just saying it seems like all his posts to me and some others are always negative, or putting down things or pointing out the faults. Just saying. Critisism is one thing, being negative just to be negative is another.
For the paint, what did you do at the D-Ship? Did you just give them your paint code or color name, or did you give them your VIN number? I remember hearing a story on here awhile back that a guy needed touch up paint, went to the dealer and just gave them his paint code. The color was a little too light IIRC. He exchanged the paint back with the dealer and gave them the VIN number and then he said the new paint was a perfect match. Just something to keep in mind.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts