DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Chrysler LHS, and some money to put into it. I have a list of small things I want to do to it... and I'm really interested in putting in a cold air intake. I was thinking of having the body shop cut right under the license plate on this LHS: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/785000-785999/785985_138_full.jpg and placing the filter there? Is there a kit somewhere or does someone have step by step instructions?

Also, what other performance things could I do to my LHS? I'm looking to enjoy my car, starting with performance.

Thanks!

Kenny

J

·
0 Posts
Ah man, I just wanted to say that your LH looks really really nice in that pic. I used to have a same one. Except it was a 97.
I drive 93 'Corde now. Same as yours mechanically.

So far, here are the performance upgrades I've done:

- Removed "AirFilterbox-to-fender" hose.
- Removed Silencer that is stuck inside the airfilter-to-intake pipe.
This gives you a little throatier sound, and prolly a few torque numbers, as this silencer restricts airflow somewhat.

Installed SE gearing (3.89 gearing - from 2002 2.7L Intrepid) - car gets much better of-the-light accelleration now.
Installed Autostick. It's much more fun. (No real performance increase.)
Installed Navigation. (This is no real performance increase either, but you gotta know where to go when 5-0 is chasin' you. Wouldn't wanna end up in a Dead End.)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response...

I was thinking of putting in a cold air intake, but not sure where I would have it take the air from (was thinking of putting it under the front bumper). After that, I was thinking of bringing my LHS to an exhaust shop and getting a new exhaust installed, and have the 2 tips on the left and add 2 more to the right side. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
See my sig and gallery for ideas. Nice car.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, what about the Kenne Bell Optimizer II? It looks like they make it for the LHS, has anyone looked into it? I know nothing about it... but it seems pretty cool.

·
Registered
537 Posts
JE.Electronics said:
Ah man, I just wanted to say that your LH looks really really nice in that pic. I used to have a same one. Except it was a 97.
I drive 93 'Corde now. Same as yours mechanically.

So far, here are the performance upgrades I've done:

- Removed "AirFilterbox-to-fender" hose.
- Removed Silencer that is stuck inside the airfilter-to-intake pipe.
This gives you a little throatier sound, and prolly a few torque numbers, as this silencer restricts airflow somewhat.

Installed SE gearing (3.89 gearing - from 2002 2.7L Intrepid) - car gets much better of-the-light accelleration now.
Installed Autostick. It's much more fun. (No real performance increase.)
Installed Navigation. (This is no real performance increase either, but you gotta know where to go when 5-0 is chasin' you. Wouldn't wanna end up in a Dead End.)
Thats my LHS ;)

Jay

·
Registered
152 Posts
Kenny Pollock said:
Thanks for your response...

I was thinking of putting in a cold air intake, but not sure where I would have it take the air from (was thinking of putting it under the front bumper). After that, I was thinking of bringing my LHS to an exhaust shop and getting a new exhaust installed, and have the 2 tips on the left and add 2 more to the right side. What do you guys think?

Why do you need so many tips? Are you trying to rice it out? Just split it, if you must... one on each side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts