DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been contemplating using the hood scoops found here, but making them functional. I have never had a car with factory or aftermarket hood scoops and I have some questions about them. Is water a problem with this type of an intake? Is a special type of filter necessary? If so, what kind of filter? Would two K&N Filters of a smaller size work?

I like the looks of those scopes and they would do great if they could be made functional.

·
Registered
502 Posts
how would you run ducting on top of the engine for those scoops? Water wouldn't really be an issue as long as the filter catches the stuff. just space-wise is what would concern me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think if I went with those I would make them semi-functional. I mean that I would use them to supply cool air for the purpose of cooling the engine compartment. I would instead of trying to fit the air intake system that 93intrepid or 94intrepides (I don't remember which) is working on to go with his MSD (assuming I could get him to help me to remake his design. I chatted with him for a but and he had some good ideas. I think that the motor compartment could use some cool air back there because whenever I open my hood it is just hot. I would rig up some filtration on them to keep crap out of the compartment. I like a clean motor.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: jnutz ]

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
set the driver's side one to vent in cool air to the compartment and use the pax side functionally...modify the intake on the pax side to draw from the ram-air scoop. that'd be my best guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts