DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

as you can see i have as far from the engine as possible, but it keeps getting too hot, what should i do?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Thats all you should have to do.
I really have heard of anyone having to do anything else.
if the filter isnt sucking all the hot air from the engine bay it should be cooler.

·
Registered
115 Posts
you could do heat wrap as well, not very savvy when it comes to heat...I just thought I might suggest since I thought about it myself...

·
Registered
780 Posts
i'd hand cut and bend a piece of a aluminum to go along that chrome pipe which is running right above the exhaust manifold. Space it off about an inch with rubber grommets and use metal band clamps to hold it on...then cut and bend a shield for the filter. Doesnt have to be a box which would suck to have to bend by hand but just curve a piece of alumi and you'll be better.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Even with the heat wrap that open exposed filter is going to continue to get heat soaked

Spend your time designing a heatshield first, doesn't have to be fancy to be effective, my first one was a flower pot (honestly, it was)

All it needs to do is isolate the cone so it gets a good air source

·
Registered
115 Posts
somebody needs to make a how to on HOW TO make a heat shield for a CAI
I second that because I'm thinking about going all custom...:flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa::flipa:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts