DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my dear little sister wrecked the hell out of her old Grand Am...totalled it and all that. So now she's looking for a new car. She's madly in love with a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, as well as several different model years of the Dodge Caliber (2005 through 08).

The Pacifica she looked at has a 4.0l V6 that only gets 23-24mpg, which kinda has me raising my eyebrows since my 'trep tops that even city driving...The Caliber has a host of issues that I've read about, from weak front bumper mounts to the interior falling apart.

So, like the title says, are there any glaring issues with either the Caliber or the Pacifica?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah the Pacificas are hard on motor mounts. Very common problem on them. Otherwise, my moms 04 is quite a nice ride.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "hard on motor mounts?"

Does the block like to randomly fall out while driving down the highway?
I just had the ones in my mothers replaced when she complained of a "clunk" noise and it shifting hard. After doing some looking around the internets I found its very common for them to go bad even with very few miles.

just a quick google search I found that they are oiled filled mounts and the factory ones like to leak prematurely

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/chrysler-pacifica/TNPD19HVINL2SPNH1

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100618185625AAM03eD

Also the engine ground wires are crap. We had some electrical bug with it and found 3 or 4 engine ground wires that were way to small from the factory and they had broke in two. Some good heavy ground strap was used to replace them. Also is another common issue

"We have a 2004 Pacifica also the ground cable broke between the engine and the frame. Ooh the problems, the control on the trans blew, the main computer went out, and the motor mounts are bad. After reading this should be looked at by Chrysler. Watch out for the cable. I think was caused by bad mounts letting the engine move and in turn broke the ground cable. This car was purchased in Feb 07 and just went over 81,000 miles. Well the final bill was over 2800 out of pocket and the extended warranty did not cover anything."

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/chrysler-pacifica/T30GSB0B4UDE6J4O5

I'm not trying to crap on the Pacifica, it is otherwise a pretty nice car. But like pretty much any Chrysler; there was room for improvement.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
I have a 07 Pacifica, just turned over 100K , yes the motor mounts took a dump,, really not a hard fix, anf the replacement ones are very sturdy, but , my wife is hard on a car, 40K been a nice ride, I got the 3.8, I wanted that cause the timing belt in the 3.5-4.0 are a ***** to do, its a peppy thing, and the sound system rocks, I will say this,, dont get leather seats,, the "leather " is cheep crap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts