DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out last night how to recalibrate and check your AC and vent system on your Intrepid with manual controls. I found out because while my AC was on, the air coming out of the vents was warm. This procedure fixed the problem.

To do it follow these steps

Set the fan control to low (not off)
Set the temp dial to the coldest setting (far left)
Set the vents to window defroster
Now press the rear defroster button until AC00 appears on your dashbaord then let go.

The car will run it's diagnostic test and recalibrate the dials over the next 1 to 2 minutes.

For all those who are interested the Haynes manual for the car has alot of tricks like. The best manual I ever bought for the car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool trick- I just did that to mine and you hear the doors and vents opening and closing. I think mine is also blowing just a tad cooler and more forcefully out of the dash vents, I wonder is something wasn't sealing properly.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Ha ha...I just did the calibration on mine...pretty cool. Does it say in the manual why or when this should be done? Why would it need to be recalibrated? Just curious? :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not really sure why. The manual just explains how to do it. It claims this is recommended before you take apart your dash to try and determine if there is a real problem.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does HAYNES finally have a manual for the 2 gens?

·
Registered
349 Posts
You're f*ckin kidding me... seriously, you have a 2nd gen, right? I ordered one about 6 months ago, the order supposedly went though. I got an email a few weeks later saying it's on backorder, and then a couple weeks later they said it didn't exist. I was pissed off... they took my money for over a month, intrest free. Now to hear they did actually have it... I'm going to call them up and give them a piece of my mind.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's in the Haynes manual. I'll look it up tonight and tell you what it means in the morning.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check to see if there are any other codes by allowing AC46 to appear then press the AC button on the dash to see the next code. It may be related to another problem. To clear the codes you have to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.

Let me know what else it says.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It may be a stored fault. Have either of you disconnect your battery in the recent months?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have yet to disconnect the battery. I was going to check if there were any other warning numbers after the AC46. I will be disconnecting it later this week when I change the wires and plugs. I am also going to flush the cooling system.

As for the AC50, the manual reads:
A/C Control Electric Backlight
(EBL) Switch Failure

As for what any of these codes mean, I do not understand.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts