Which color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on redoing my entire braking system (rotors, pads, calipers, hoses) later this year, and I have to paint the new calipers and rotors.

I currently have them painted blue, but I'm thinking maybe it's time for a change. But, I'm not sure which color. So I thought I would see what you peeps think.

Here is a picture of my car with the blue calipers. Only the calipers are painted in this pic. I plan on painting the rotors as well, and perhaps part of the steering knuckle (depends on how much of a pain it is).

http://intrepidrt.brianchase.us/pics/car03_03Jul05.JPG

I'm thinking of staying with blue because it accents the red nicely (I think) and I plan on putting blue LEDs for interior accent lighting.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Red all the way.... but a matching color scheme is always nice...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Although I like blue, however in your case I think red calipers would look better. Here's something for your visual pleasure. (sorry, I had to borrow your pic).

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Warlord187 said:
You know, I was thinking red wouldn't look that nice since my car is red. But Unreal, you have given me something else to think about. That looks really nice. Thanks for the image.
Anytime!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i agree with the consensus...
red
and as a guy who has red calipers right now... they are VERY eye-catching and i get a lot of compliments
i also think they will look very nice with the inferno red

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I chose green 'cuz I figured it'd clash with the Inferno red quite nicely :p

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I dunno...there's just something about red calipers....it just "fits"... :biggrin: I'm finally going to paint mine (red) with the next brake job...coming up soon! :)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I've been wanting to paint mine as well. But when I tried 4 times to post a thread like this, it wouldn't work.

The only reason I fear using red is that the majority of caliper paint jobs are red. And I didn't want to seem to be following the crowd. I don't think I will be painting my rotors(stock ones that is) I will wait till I get some aftermarket discs for that.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I don't understand the whole painting the rotors thing. Are you talking about painting the outer edge or the center part that goes onto the hub?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
I don't understand the whole painting the rotors thing. Are you talking about painting the outer edge or the center part that goes onto the hub?
Here is a pic of what I did with the rotors that are currently on the car.

http://intrepidrt.brianchase.us/pics/Rotor_BendixStreetHP_front.jpg

Painting the slot was pretty much pointless so I won't be doing that again.

With the stock rims, you really don't have to paint the rotor. But my aftermarket rims are much more open and it's very easy to see the rotor through the rims. It looks so much nicer when the rotor is painted. Right now my front rotors are painted, but the rear ones are not. It's easy to see that the painted ones look so much better than the rusting ones in the rear.

·
Registered
851 Posts
that color shifting paint would be interesting but they dont make it in hi-temp for calipers

i have silver calipers on my black si with silver wheels

for the intrepid im thinking silver or hemi block orange and then painting the the upper intake plenum the same hemi orange and kind of get a matching vibe going...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm kinda torn between the McDonald's look and the x-mas look. :)

I think I'm going with red. The reason for going blue last time is to have a contrasting color, and because everyone else was doing red. But I think it's time for a change.

Much thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I voted and posted a response to this yesterday but it didn't show up. Oh well.

I vote for red....I'm planning to paint mine red in the near future. If not red, I think my next choice would be silver.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts