DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for epoxy orange paint.......is that too much to ask?

The only one I know of is Folia Tec caliper paint.

Are there any stores that stock this?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helps a bit........but I really like orange as a colour, and would love to have them a bright orange :p

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
You might just want to think about getting high temp engine paint. I know for a fact that all the auto parts stores and walmarts around here carry it in hemi orange, but I'm not sure what you guys got up north. The caliper kit is pretty much just high temp paint with brake cleaner and some masking tape. The only problem is the engine paint is a spray instead of a brush on so you'll most likely have to take the calipers off or tape things off really well.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
thats what i used... 1200 degree red engine paint

twas cheaper then true caliper paint and its held up well so far
i do plan on redoing them this summer, but thats only because i'm anal retentive :D

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could get yellow and red, but it'd cost double.......

I used engine paint as it is, and I have to redo it every year because it dulls.

·
Registered
851 Posts
ive been toying with the idea of painting the upper intake plenum hemi orange and leaving the sides the raised letters black and the top of the letters white. the 2 raised lines i would so the same. sorry for the threadjack its just made me think about it....

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Sorry to hi-jack but you guys do remove them to paint them right?
me 2
i sprayed them too, just masked off the rotor and the surrounding area, came out quite nice, bit of overspray on one area but you cant see it unless the wheel is off

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The kit I bought was brush on so I didn't have to worry about overspray or taping anything off. It was really easy.

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
buffalo r/t said:
ive been toying with the idea of painting the upper intake plenum hemi orange and leaving the sides the raised letters black and the top of the letters white. the 2 raised lines i would so the same. sorry for the threadjack its just made me think about it....
It is possible to do, just depends on your level of patience and skill at masking. The rasied areas aren't very high, gonna be a bear to paint the sides of the letters one color and the tops another though. I would just go solid black for all lines and letters on the orange plenum.

Remember that this is how the plenum in my 2000 came out after I painted it

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
you actually took it off and sprayed it though didnt you joe?
see im planning to do the opposite: just paint the lines and writing

however, i dont want to take the plenum off, so i was wondering what was out there for paint like in a paint pen or something to paint them

I know, total thread hijack, sorry Rob, but its being discussed sorta so im asking cuz its one of the things i want to do this summer

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I painted mine with a paint pen......I think I need to redo it now though after a few years (can't use simplegreen......removes paint :p)

·
Registered
494 Posts
there are a few stores here by me that stock caliper paint...walmart, meijer, auto places...I will look around for orange and I'll let ya know if anyone has it...I know the kits I have seen mostly are brush on if thats ok....and does it HAVE to be a specific orange like hugger or is any orange ok?

·
Registered
851 Posts
JoeKD said:
It is possible to do, just depends on your level of patience and skill at masking. The rasied areas aren't very high, gonna be a bear to paint the sides of the letters one color and the tops another though. I would just go solid black for all lines and letters on the orange plenum.

Remember that this is how the plenum in my 2000 came out after I painted it

yea joe i remember you showing that when you did your plenum
that looked great...got me thinking about painting mine.....
i just think you have to take off the plenum and pait in the correct way,
i dont see it loking very professional if you leave it on there.
looks like you did the top of you coil packs with something too?

you didnt encounter any problems reseating the upper plenum did you?

i had to loosen mine up once to pull the cam position sensor and did not have a problem.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I looked around at caliper paint colors a while ago and I'm sure I saw orange as a color. I could be thinking about hi temp paint or block paint though. I'll look for it while on lunch today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts