DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice! I called up Frisby tire off of Industrial Avenue this morning here in Ottawa.

I called up saying I'd like to know if he carries Dunlop tires. He said yes, he has access to that brand. I said I knew the tire size, and said I drive an Intrepid, I said 225 and I think I heard him finish with 60/16. Buh? Great product knowledge on the fly like that, but Intrepids are fairly common, especially to a tire store ;) ;).

Turns out he has a 97 with a 3.5 and a console. Very cool.
SO I told him all about Dodgeintrepid.net, and he had never been to the site or heard about it before. So we probably talked for about 5 minutes or less about it.

I sure hope you come on the site, because you've got a lot of knowledge waiting for you here, which could save you a bunch of money in the long run and help you maximize your ride. :)

I was asking about the dunlop a2 sports, and he says he likes the goodyear aquatred 3's, and when his wife's not around, they still hold up when he gooses it. ;)

They're having a special, and the goodyears are cheaper than the dunlops, and will last longer than the dunlops.

SO I'll probably go by there today and order some, just for the drive down there.

Here's to you visiting the site some time soon!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It is time to upgrade

If you need new tires anyway, why don't upgrade to 17 or 18 inch. I just ordered new BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS in 235/50/18 for only $105 a tire. You can find some nice wheels for not that much and bang you car is set apart from the rest.

Charles

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I really don't make that much money Mathwiz. Otherwise ****, I'd be all over 18" rims in a second.

I'm just your typical very smart computer guy, stuck in a nowhere job. Technical support.

What with bills and all, bleh. :)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I was thinking the same with the summer here and me making some good money. But there's always that concern with me of how much heavier the 17's or 18's will be than the stock alloys. I'm sure that I could just polish mine up for now and just get new tires instead. That and save about $1000 for new rims.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That's HEAVY.

My heavy 18's are only 23lb/wheel, and with what's probably a lighter tire, it makes a nice difference.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
definately something I want to think about when deciding what to do. I just hope people dont look at me weird when I bring the scale outside and start weighing my wheels. hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts