DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 105,000 miles on my 2004 2.7L Intrepid. Latest problem riding alone about 50 mph decide to pass the car in front of me press on the accelerator and the car dies then starts jumping so I let off the gas and turn everything off the car never cuts off just acting like there is a major dead spot so I try to give it a little more gas and it does it again as long as I ease on the gas it runs I pulled over and shut the car off started back and no problems get home shut it off it won't start without giving it gas. then it clears up. next day it did it again once and once it took about a minute to get it started. Now for two days I have had know problem and I have drove the car about 200 miles. I stopped at auto zone and they checked it the code was for a Camshaft position sensor. also emissions but I have been getting them for a while the dealer told me to drive it if it wasn't running bad. Anyone know anything about this stuff. Here is something strange when this happens the cruise control light won't come on and the cruise doesn't work. but when the cars starts running right I have my cruise back.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Easy fix! Buy a new sensor, and replace.unhook your bttery for a minute to clear the codes, and you're done.
Sensor has one electrical connector, and is easily accessable on driver's side of the
2.7,upper right side on the front of the motor.
Other sections of this site will give you part a number and location pictures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the exact same thing you describe about a year ago. The previous post is right, a very easy fix. Sensor is located on the very front of the head just below the valve cover. Unplug the wire connector, remove one small bolt and pull the sensor out. Install new sensor, connect wire and tighten bolt to 105in-lbs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aloha Killerjokes,

I pulled up codes 0340 & 0344 off my Intrepid, both of which are for the "camshaft position sensor". I bought & changed the sensor myself just last week & yes it was simple. Btw, have you tried checking for codes yourself?

ridingsc
AKA "Loco"

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If a dealer tells you to just keep on driving with a cam position sensor fault code (or any code for that matter) then it means you're dealing with an idiot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts